Keltner with 8 bar ema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keltner with 8 bar ema

How can I make this efs file to 8 bar ema, with a multiplier constant of 1.3% above ema and below ema?

Thanks

bandraguy
    Which Keltner efs are you referring to? There are several in the Keltner forum
    Alex

Comment

Reply to Keltner 8 bar ema

When I plot this efs file 'KeltnerMCEmaBandsAdj.efs', ( I downloaded this file from forum) on emini future charts, the upper band and lower band are too far apart from the mid-band.

Can someone explain, what changes do I have to make.

Thanks

Comment

bandraguy
        The study you indicated is a modified version of the Keltner where the bands are calculated as a percentage of the basis line which is then added to and subtracted from the basis line.
        If this is the study you want then 1.3 may be simply too high a percentage for that chart and you should be using a lower value such as for example 0.0013 as shown in the enclosed image for ES (see also this thread in which Jason explains this same process to you)
        If instead what you want is the traditional Keltner study then you should be using either the KeltnerAREmaAdj.efs if you want the bands based on the Average Range or KeltnerATREmaAdj.efs if you want them based on the Average True Range
        Alex

Comment

Keltner Bands with Close

Is there a Keltner Bands efs file somewhere with the following settings:

(Close,8,1.30)

I am trying to duplicate a trade station chart. The available Keltner Bands files in the esignal library gives me different results.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X