Tick and Volume Chart History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick and Volume Chart History

First, how much tick and volume data is available from the esignal servers?

I've had a lot of trouble getting tick data for my charts. I've now learned through experimentation ways to get up to 8 days worth, but I have to manipulate the charts and essentially force them to download the data. On numerous occasoins the program will crash during this process.

On the other hand, 3rd party software such as Fibonacci Trader seems to have ways to access and download historical tick data.

So has anyone addressed this problem through an efs? Is it possible?

Could an efs be written that would take the latest day or week of data and save it to the hard drive and then access it on start up so that coaxing the server to give me the data wouldn't be necessary?

TIA

Snickers

First, how much tick and volume data is available from the esignal servers?
    See this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase regarding how much historical data is available with eSignal.

I've now learned through experimentation ways to get up to 8 days worth, but I have to manipulate the charts and essentially force them to download the data. On numerous occasoins the program will crash during this process.
    I am not sure what you mean when you say "...manipulate the chart and essentially force them to download data".
    Have you tried setting the Time Template to load a specific number of days for intervals T (tick) and V (volume)?
    If not add a User Defined entry for each interval using T and V in the Interval box and setting a specific # Days (up to a maximum of 10). See the following enclosed image as an example

So has anyone addressed this problem through an efs? Is it possible?
    EFS has no control over how much data is downloaded. That is done through the Time Template
    Alex

Comment

Working...
    X