This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zig Zag Download

Can anyone help, I've dowloaded the zig zag indicator but I can't get the chart up, only the words zig zag appear on th left side of the chart
    gareth

gareth
    What symbol and interval are you plotting? What value do you have for the WavePcnt parameter?
    It may be that the value of that parameter is set too high for the symbol/interval you are using
    Alex

Comment

Zig Zag Error

Does anyone understand the attached error. I get it when i try to open the zig zag indicator.
      thanks, Gareth
      Attached Files
      gareth

Comment

gareth
        That error message could indicate that you entered an invalid parameter for SwingHigh.
        Alex

PS. If you post messages regarding this efs please use the Post Reply button instead of the New Thread button

Comment

Thanks for the reply
          I've tried different parameter settings with no joy what settings do you suggest. The formula Parameters are WavePcnt, SwingHigh, Swinglow, Thickness and nColor.

Appreciate your help

Gareth
          gareth

Comment

Gareth
            First of all try to run the formula without changing any settings. If that does not return a plot then try setting WavePcnt to a value lower than 5 (ie the default). The appropriate value will depend on the symbol and interval you are plotting. For example on a 1 minute chart of $INDU you may want to try 0.1
            The SwingHigh and SwingLow parameters can be any one of the following (written exactly as I list them) ie Open, High, Low or Close. The remaining parameters should be self-explanatory.
            Alex

Comment

Gareth
              FWIW the zigzag.efs has several issues and you may want to consider using the realtimeswings.efs which is available here. Aside from not having any problems the latter is also overall a much better study.
              Alex

Comment

Thank you

Dear Alex,

Just downloaded your suggestion - realtimeswings. It works and is much better, thank you very much for helping me.

Kindest Regards

Gareth
                gareth

Comment

Gareth
                  You are most welcome
                  Alex

Comment

Dear Alex,

Thanks once again for your help yesterday.

Apart from eSignal I use in the main Meta Trader and on that I have Zig Zag which I find extremley good were as the real time swings which you kindly provided, in particular the developing red swinglines seem to be too sensitive to market movements.

I've attached a snapshot of the zig zag I use on Metatrader. The advantage of this is that it only move position on the graph at about the time of a turn round in the market or a chopout position depending on the appropiate time frame. It works effectively from 1min to 1 month time frames.

Do you think there is any possible way of getting the zigzag.efs which I downloaded yesterday actually working?

Kindest Regards,

Gareth
                    Attached Files
                    gareth

Comment

Hello Gareth,

If you go into Edit Studies on the RealTimeSwings.efs and set the color for the Developing Swing lines to the same color as your chart's background, they will essentially be invisible. This should create the same affect as you see in your Metatrader chart example.

Jason K.
                      Project Manager
                      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
                      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
                      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
                      EFS Glossary
                      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Gareth

Do you think there is any possible way of getting the zigzag.efs which I downloaded yesterday actually working?
                        I don't see much merit in trying to fix the problems in zigzag.efs given that RealTimeSwings.efs is already the solution to those problems. In addition RealTimeSwings.efs offers far greater flexibility and as Jason has already shown you it can be easily customized to your requirements
                        Alex

Comment

Dear Alex and Jason,

Thank you for the replies.

Kindest Regards,

Gareth
                          gareth

Comment

Working...
                          X