Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to Color Bars Left/Right of Swing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to Color Bars Left/Right of Swing?

Hello,
    In the RealTime Swings efs, I'm trying to color the bars to the left of a developing SH(dev 1),and then color the bars to the right of a developing SL. However, I'm not able to find any example of left or right to use in this instance. Can you help, please? Thank you.
    Diane

Hello Diane,

EFS does not currently have the ability to color price bars other than the current bar that the formula is processing. In real time, as the formula is processing bar 0, the price bar coloring functions can only affect bar 0.

As an alternative idea, why not just color the lines of the indicator on each side of the swing bar different colors? Would that give you the affect you are looking for?
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason,
      Thanks for your reply. Coloring the lines would be a perfect solution. Thanks for the suggestion. May I ask another question, please? You once helped me develop a "shade" area between the standard deviation lines in a Mels Moving LR study. I'm trying to make a "shade" area between the lines in the attached study, but I'm not having any luck. Can you help? Thanks for your time. Have a great weekend.
      Diane
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Diane,

You use the yMin and yMax parameters of the setBarBgColor() function to do the shading. However, it only affects the current bar that is being processed. Because the studies developing swing point changes dynamically during real time processing the areas shaded at the current bar in real time will not always line up properly between your lines. We would need the ability to loop back and and also change the historical values for the shading when the developing swing point changes. This ability does not currently exist in EFS.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
        EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason,
          Thanks for your insight. And thanks, too, for all your help!
          Diane

Comment

You're most welcome.
            Jason K.
            Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
            EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Diane / Jason

Have subsequent eSignal upgrades provided a solution/workaround to this 'looping' problem?

I'd like to code a similar indicator for backtesting purposes
              Cheers
              Tom

Comment

Working...
              X