Must load efs every day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must load efs every day.

I have to load this efs everyday, and then it works. Other efs only need to be loaded once and they always work, day after day, without having to be reloaded. The problem efs is FWguideMAandPrice.efs Do I have a setting in my Esignal wrong? I have tried downloading this efs several times. Same problem. Thank you for any help you may be able to give.

bigant
    As far as I can see the efs appears to be working correctly in real time.
    What exactly is happening that you need to load (or reload) the efs every day?
    Alex

Originally posted by bigant
    I have to load this efs everyday, and then it works. Other efs only need to be loaded once and they always work, day after day, without having to be reloaded. The problem efs is FWguideMAandPrice.efs Do I have a setting in my Esignal wrong? I have tried downloading this efs several times. Same problem. Thank you for any help you may be able to give.

Comment

Must load efs every day

Thank you Alexis for replying. On a chart like AB M8, once I turn on the computer in the morning, delete the efs from the day before, reload it, it is fine, all day for that day. Say on a 500V chart. Also on a 233T chart. But what happens the next morning is, the chart looks like there is no efs loaded. I just see the normal random candlesticks of a stock normal chart. But then I delete the efs, then reload the efs, and the coloring of the candles, green for up, red for down, works again another day. Your FW3daybrkout.efs works day after day afyer day. I never have to "reload" it every morning. I built my own computer 3 years ago, and it is a trading computer only. It always works. I have read hundreds of your replys to others, I learn a lot from you in the 3 years I have had Esignal. Thank you Alexis.

Comment

Re: Must load efs every day

bigant
        Open the efs with the Editor (Tools-> EFS-> Editor) and in lines 43 and 49 replace each instance of
        close()
        with
        close(0)
        Then save the efs and reload it and see if that makes a difference
        Alex

Thank you Alexis for replying. On a chart like AB M8, once I turn on the computer in the morning, delete the efs from the day before, reload it, it is fine, all day for that day. Say on a 500V chart. Also on a 233T chart. But what happens the next morning is, the chart looks like there is no efs loaded. I just see the normal random candlesticks of a stock normal chart. But then I delete the efs, then reload the efs, and the coloring of the candles, green for up, red for down, works again another day. Your FW3daybrkout.efs works day after day afyer day. I never have to "reload" it every morning. I built my own computer 3 years ago, and it is a trading computer only. It always works. I have read hundreds of your replys to others, I learn a lot from you in the 3 years I have had Esignal. Thank you Alexis.

Comment

Thank you Alexis for your suggestion, but the problem still exists. I added the CLOSE(0) on lines 42 and 49, Those lines of code 42 is actually 42 and 43 and the other is 49 and 50. When I turn off Esignal, and then start it again, the charts look like random normal charts. I still have to delete the EFS, then reload the efs, and it works fine. But in the morning, do it all over. I wonder why this one does this yet your 3barbrkout is always ready every morning. Maybe something in version 10 is causing it. Thank you Alexis.

Comment

bigant
            With regards to the FW3daybrkout efs you mention (or for that matter the FWguideMAandPrice discussed in this thread) keep in mind that they are not my formulas as I am not an employee of eSignal.
            That said I am not sure that I understand what the issue is. In a previous post you wrote
            "But then I delete the efs, then reload the efs, and the coloring of the candles, green for up, red for down, works again another day."
            Unless we are talking about different formulas the FWguideMAandPrice efs does not color the up or down candles but colors them if the Close is above or below the moving average.
            It might be helpful if you could post an image showing the efs prior to the reload and after the reload. Also are you running any other efs in the same chart? If so which ones? After you reload the efs (or before exiting the program at the end of the day) do you save the Page or Layout? What version (and build) of eSignal are you using? Any other details you can provide may be helpful in trying to determine what the issue is and how to resolve it
            Alex

Thank you Alexis for your suggestion, but the problem still exists. I added the CLOSE(0) on lines 42 and 49, Those lines of code 42 is actually 42 and 43 and the other is 49 and 50. When I turn off Esignal, and then start it again, the charts look like random normal charts. I still have to delete the EFS, then reload the efs, and it works fine. But in the morning, do it all over. I wonder why this one does this yet your 3barbrkout is always ready every morning. Maybe something in version 10 is causing it. Thank you Alexis.

Comment

Working...
            X