MACD reverse crossover strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACD reverse crossover strategy

Is there a way to have this indicator refresh itself? I keep having to refresh the chart to display the current readings.

Thanks
    Eric

Re: MACD reverse crossover strategy

Eric
    If you are referring to the formula posted here then that is happening because line 73 ie
    if (getCurrentBarIndex() == 0) return;
    prevents it from executing on real time data. This was more than likely done because the formula uses the Strategy Object which is intended for back testing purposes and not for real time use
    That said in this specific case you can delete that line of code [or comment it out by preceeding it with a double slash //] and the formula should also work in real time
    Alex

Originally posted by eferg76
    Is there a way to have this indicator refresh itself? I keep having to refresh the chart to display the current readings.

Thanks
    Eric

Comment

Thanks. I edited it out and it works in realtime now. I'm trying to learn pograming, but I think it will be a long road.

Comment

Eric
        You are welcome
        If you are interested in learning to program in efs then I would suggest that you begin by reviewing the JavaScript for EFS video series and the Core JavaScript Reference Guide. Those will provide you with a thorough introduction to programming in JavaScript which is at the foundation of EFS. Then go through the EFS KnowledgeBase and study the Help Guides and Tutorials which will provide you with the specifics of EFS.
        Alex

Originally posted by eferg76
        Thanks. I edited it out and it works in realtime now. I'm trying to learn pograming, but I think it will be a long road.

Comment

Working...
        X