Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BidAskSize.efs use on realtime results in error...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BidAskSize.efs use on realtime results in error...

BidAskSize.efs use on realtime charts results in error...

"BidAskSize.efs, line 70: TypeError: nAsk has no properties"

I really like the indicator but was wondering if there is a version that doesn't raise this error? Or help troubleshooting the error.

I was using the indicator on 3 min charts for ES U9.

Any help is much appreciated,

gg

Re: BidAskSize.efs use on realtime results in error...

gg
    The formula seems to be working when running in real time on version 10.5 (see enclosed screenshot)
    Alex

Originally posted by gguindon
    BidAskSize.efs use on realtime charts results in error...

"BidAskSize.efs, line 70: TypeError: nAsk has no properties"

I really like the indicator but was wondering if there is a version that doesn't raise this error? Or help troubleshooting the error.

I was using the indicator on 3 min charts for ES U9.

Any help is much appreciated,

gg

Comment

hmmm...I was using 10.5 (the latest version as of today) and every time I've used it (say 3 times) I've gotten the same error..mind you it might take several minutes for it to raise (the error).

But just in case I'm dealing with older code...is there a place I can go to within the eSignal website where I would be assured of getting the latest version?

Comment

gg
        As I look at the code I can see where it could happpen under certain circumstances. Just add a null check in line 26 on the variables nAsk, nTrade and nBid and it should prevent it from occuring (see example in the enclosed screenshot)
        Alex

hmmm...I was using 10.5 (the latest version as of today) and every time I've used it (say 3 times) I've gotten the same error..mind you it might take several minutes for it to raise (the error).

But just in case I'm dealing with older code...is there a place I can go to within the eSignal website where I would be assured of getting the latest version?

Comment

Alex- that seems to have done the trick.

Thanks much...brilliant indicator...it's like being in the 'virtual' Pits of the electronic market that the globex is...

gguindon

Comment

gguindon
            You are most welcome
            Alex

Alex- that seems to have done the trick.

Thanks much...brilliant indicator...it's like being in the 'virtual' Pits of the electronic market that the globex is...

gguindon

Comment

be aware that the bid ask quote data is not complete so you cannot assign all trades correctly using it.

Comment

Are there any plans at esignal to correct this efs?

Comment

the problem is in the quote data, not the efs.

Comment

Working...
                  X