ATR Trailing stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATR Trailing stop

I downloaded the ATR Trailing Stop EFS file from the Stocks Commodities section of the EFS database and ran it. For some reason the line it draws for the stop does not update in real time on the chart. It's up to date when it is first loaded but as new bars are drawn it doesn't move with the other indicators I have on the chart. I've tried it with Renko charts and Candlesticks, 10T, 1 minute and 5 minute time frames with the same results. My eSignal version is 10.5.1656.663 (7/14/09).

Any ideas?

Re: ATR Trailing Stop

StoMo
    That is because the script is set up as a strategy for back testing only [as it uses the Strategy Object which should not be used in real time]
    That said you could implement a few changes to the script which would allow you to run it on real time data
    Alex

Originally posted by StoMo
    I downloaded the ATR Trailing Stop EFS file from the Stocks Commodities section of the EFS database and ran it. For some reason the line it draws for the stop does not update in real time on the chart. It's up to date when it is first loaded but as new bars are drawn it doesn't move with the other indicators I have on the chart. I've tried it with Renko charts and Candlesticks, 10T, 1 minute and 5 minute time frames with the same results. My eSignal version is 10.5.1656.663 (7/14/09).

Any ideas?

Comment

I have authored a script that does what you are looking for and more. It calculates share size based on risk tolerance, gets you into a trade only when conditions trigger an entry, allows for stops to be adjusted with a mouse click, has an automatic mode where it follows lows of candles (adjusting stops) has VTSO functionality, and more. It is very simple to use. If you would like to try it, email me at [email protected] and I'll send it to you.

Regards,
      Ryan.

Comment

edit atr

please if possible to edit atr trailing stop for short position ?
        and i edit long with par atr 14 and moltip for 2 is correct ??
        thanks

Comment

Yes, it works for short positions as well... it's actually a fully functional integrated trading platform that works with Interactive Brokes and eSignal.

When set to LIVE mode, it utilizes the IB Bridge to execute the trades through the IB Trader Workstation. It you don't have an IB account, you can always use this to manage trades in PAPER mode.

If you want to try it, send me your eSignal username (not your password, just your username) and I'll send you a copy...

[email protected]

Comment

Make it work in real time.

Hello. I have the same problem as mentioned by StoMo at the beginning of this thread. The efs returns data only for the previous bar, and doesn't work in real time. I have tried whatever I know about the efs language, but am unable to get the efs to respond to the bar in formation. I don't want this efs to generate signals for me; my trading system is well in place. I would just like to displace the entire data series returned by this efs one bar forward so as to be able to see the stoploss for the current bar in the cursor window.
            Someone help please! Atleast tell me what I need to do. I've wasted my entire evening today on this, but to no avail...
            ---AG

Comment

realtime is here

i think this one is realtime
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X