SVE_TRENDS_Trail.efs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVE_TRENDS_Trail.efs

I downloaded SVE_TRENDS_Trail.efs from google since eSignal download had syntax error. (I realized I downloaded the wrong thing. When I downloaded the corrct formula from eSignal it worked same as google's but still does not work real time) It does not stream real time. I have to constatnly reload it. I just switched to new 10.5 version before the efs download. What can I do to make SVE_TRENDS_Trail.efs work in real time?

I don't know how to attach the efs I downloaded. Is this necessary to find an answer to my question? If so, how do I do it?
    Last edited by Mike G; 08-27-2009, 08:24 AM.

Re: SVE_TRENDS_Trail.efs

Mike G
    That is happening because the script is intentionally set up to not execute on the most recent bar as it uses the Strategy Object which should be used for back testing only and not for real time
    You would need to rewrite some parts of the script to run it on real time data
    Alex

Originally posted by Mike G
    I downloaded SVE_TRENDS_Trail.efs from google since eSignal download had syntax error. (I realized I downloaded the wrong thing. When I downloaded the corrct formula from eSignal it worked same as google's but still does not work real time) It does not stream real time. I have to constatnly reload it. I just switched to new 10.5 version before the efs download. What can I do to make SVE_TRENDS_Trail.efs work in real time?

I don't know how to attach the efs I downloaded. Is this necessary to find an answer to my question? If so, how do I do it?

Comment

EVE_TRENDS_Trail.efs-Follow-Up

Alexis,

Thanks. When I reload, it goes to the next ot current bar but then stops until reloaded. I can't program. Can somone at eSignal make it work real time ot hte next ot current bar?

Comment

Re: EVE_TRENDS_Trail.efs-Follow-Up

Mike G
        The reason it stops is because the following section of code
        PHP Code:
        if(getCurrentBarIndex() == 0) {

bTrade false;
                return;
            } 
        prevents the script from executing on the most recent bar [for the reasons explained in my previous reply].
        The simplest solution in your case is to comment out or delete that section of code and then add the following statement in the preMain() function
        PHP Code:
        setComputeOnClose(); 
        This line of code will make the script compute only on completed bars so as to avoid triggering potentially false intrabar signals
        For anything beyond this you would need to revise most of the logic in the script
        If you are unfamiliar with programming in EFS and are interested in learning how to do this yourself - so as to take full advantage of the resources offered by a programmable application such as eSignal - then you may want to start by reviewing the JavaScript for EFS video series and the Core JavaScript Reference Guide. Those will provide you with a thorough introduction to programming in JavaScript which is at the foundation of EFS. Then go through the EFS KnowledgeBase and study the Help Guides and Tutorials which will provide you with the specifics of EFS.
        If instead you just want someone else to write the script for you then you may want to review the FAQ: How can I get my custom study built?
        Alex

Alexis,

Thanks. When I reload, it goes to the next ot current bar but then stops until reloaded. I can't program. Can somone at eSignal make it work real time ot hte next ot current bar?

Comment

Edit Request

Alex was kind enough to show me how to change the script of SVE_TRENDS_Trail.efs to make it work in real time to the last completed bar - see [thread]31520[thread].

However, I can not program and would really like the change made as soon as is possible - certainly sooner than it would take me to learn how to program in JavaScript. I will review the sights Alex recommended but, as I said, I would love to have this script changed asap.

I like the study in conjunction with some other studies. The combination gives me more useful information than I have yet found in other combinations of studies. I'm still exploring the efs world but right now this one looks very promising.

Can someone help me implement Alex's suggestion?

Mike G

Comment

Re: Thanks and a Question about RealTimeSwings.efs

Alex,

I finally got the courage to try your suggestion to fix SVE_TRENDS_Trail - and it worked! Thank you very much.

Another question: What do I have to delete to stop RealTimeSwings.efs from showing all the numbers (#of bars, % and % Retracted), so it is only showing the lines?

Mike G

Comment

Re: Re: Thanks and a Question about RealTimeSwings.efs

Mike G
              If I remember correctly that efs already includes in its parameters the options to show or hide those labels
              Alex

Alex,

I finally got the courage to try your suggestion to fix SVE_TRENDS_Trail - and it worked! Thank you very much.

Another question: What do I have to delete to stop RealTimeSwings.efs from showing all the numbers (#of bars, % and % Retracted), so it is only showing the lines?

Mike G

Comment

Thanks.

Alex,

Thanks - it does - I just didn't realize it at first.

Mike G

Comment

Re: Thanks

Mike G
                  You are welcome
                  Alex

Alex,

Thanks - it does - I just didn't realize it at first.

Mike G

Comment

Working...
                  X