Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McClellan calculation

Hi

I found the McClellanOsc in the file sharing section. Inserting it in a $NYA chart, the calculation goes back until mid may 2009 although I have more data for $NYA. Why does the calculation stops at this point for the McClellanOsc? I din't found any time limitation in the formula.

Peter
    Attached Files

Re: McClellan calculation

Peter
    That happens because you have the Time Template set to Dynamic which means that it will initially download enough bars to fill the chart (300 is the default minimum) and request an equal amount of data for the external symbol
    If you then scroll back the chart it will request additional data for the symbol in the chart but it does not generate a request of additional data for the external symbols called by the efs hence the efs does not return a plot prior to a certain bar
    The solution is to set the Time Template to load a predefined number of days or bars. For information on how to use Time Templates see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by habi
    Hi

I found the McClellanOsc in the file sharing section. Inserting it in a $NYA chart, the calculation goes back until mid may 2009 although I have more data for $NYA. Why does the calculation stops at this point for the McClellanOsc? I din't found any time limitation in the formula.

Peter

Comment

Hi Alex

Thanks very much for your reply. I tried to load a predefined number of days but didn't recognized, that I have to change the Type field to "User defined" for daly charts. The daly chart was in Dynamic mode as long as it was set to "Intraday Default". I get it now, thanks.

Peter

Comment

Peter
        You are welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by habi
        Hi Alex

Thanks very much for your reply. I tried to load a predefined number of days but didn't recognized, that I have to change the Type field to "User defined" for daly charts. The daly chart was in Dynamic mode as long as it was set to "Intraday Default". I get it now, thanks.

Peter

Comment

Working...
        X