RSIwithRSI.efs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSIwithRSI.efs

Very much like this indicator. However, when I load it, I see that my price chart all of a sudden cuts off the past 6 or 7 trading days of data. The RSIwithRSI indicator plot, however, is up to date. Why does my price chart lose some data as soon as I install this efs study ?

MalcolmB
    From what you describe it seems that you are running version 10.6 [or earlier]. If that is the case then what you are seeing is due to an awkward behavior of that version [which I consider a bug] whereby if a default price bar color is not defined and only specific bars are colored based on a given condition [as is the case in that formula] the efs engine will paint any bars following the last instance of that condition in white which on a white background will give the impression that bars are missing (you can see this effect by setting the chart background to a light grey for example)
    The solution is to add a setDefaultPriceBarColor(Color.xxxx) statement in preMain [where xxx is the default color of your choice]
    Alex

Originally posted by MalcolmB View Post
    Very much like this indicator. However, when I load it, I see that my price chart all of a sudden cuts off the past 6 or 7 trading days of data. The RSIwithRSI indicator plot, however, is up to date. Why does my price chart lose some data as soon as I install this efs study ?

Comment

Working...
    X