Smoothed Heikin-Ashi Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoothed Heikin-Ashi Chart

I am looking for Heikin-Ashi Chart smoothed with 3 bars using 2 bars Adaptive Moving Average.
    Beena

Hello beena,

You may want to take a look at the following post by JasonK. I think you'll find everything you need there. Let me know if I can help.

Comment

Hello DuaneG,
      Thank you very much for the informative reply.
      In Warrants & Zertifikate, No. 8, August 2004 (a monthly german magazine publisched by BNP Paribas, Frankfurt), there is an article by Sebastian Schmidt about further development (smoothing) of Heikin-Ashi chart.
      I am interested in these new developments.

beena

Comment

Hi beena,

I'll do my best to try and locate this publication. If I come across it, we can see if there is anything we can work with in regards to the further developments you mentioned. Thanks again.

Comment

Heiken-Ashi Chart

Dear DuaneG,
          Thank you for your reply. Please find below the link to the publication I mentioned previously. The 'smoothed Heiken-Ashi Charts' are on page 16.
          Regards
          beena

link:http://warrants.bnpparibas.com/de/doc/WZ_0804.pdf

Comment

Hi beena,

My German is a little rusty. Any idea if an English translation of the document is out there? I'll look for one, but if you happen to know off hand, it will definitely expedite the evaluation process. Thanks.

Comment

Heiken-

Dear DuaneG
              I do not know an English translation of the document. Please find below a short summary of the article.

Page 15, Abb.1:
              Upper chart shows Dax Index with the traditional candlesticks.
              Lower chart shows Dax Index with Heikin-Ashi candlesticks according to Dan Valcu.

Page 16: Abb.2:
              Upper chart shows Dax Index with Heikin-Ashi candlesticks according to Dan Valcu.
              Middle chart shows Dax Index with a modified Heikin-Ashi candlesticks as follows:
              a. haOpen, haHigh and haLow according to Dan Valcu formulas.
              b. haClose is calculated from 3 days (bars) smoothing with a velocity parameter =0.5. I do not know the formulas for this calculation. Probably these are Investox software terms.

Lower chart shows Dax Index with another modified Heikin-Ashi candlesticks as follows:
              a. haOpen, haHigh and haLow according to Dan Valcu formulas.
              b. haClose is calculated first according to the formula ((Open+Close)/2+(((Close-Open)/(High-Low))*/ABS(Close-Open)/2)), then smoothed with a 2 days (bars) trader adoptive moving average. This chart is then used to generate a trading system for Dax future which is discussed later in the article.

Regards

beena

Comment

Hi beena,

Thanks for the clarification. I think this will give us quite a bit to work with. As soon as I have an update to where it stands, I'll reply back to this thread. Thanks again.

Comment

Hello beena,

Here's a new version of the Heikin Ashi study with options for T3, KAMA smoothing or no smoothing, HeikinAshi2.efs. I noticed the chart titles in the article had the keywords, T3 and KAMA. This clued me in as to what type of smoothing was being applied here. Not sure if my interpretation is exactly correct, but visually they look to be very close if they aren’t. One assumption I made with the KAMA, was that after the initial value of haClose calculated by the formula in the caption for Abb 2, I used the original calc for haClose there after. Please review that caption and let me know if there is any info in regards to the subsequent calcs for haClose for the KAMA version.

Jason K.
                  Project Manager
                  eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
                  JavaScript for EFS Video Series
                  EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
                  EFS Glossary
                  Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Heiken-Ashi

https://forum.esignal.com/node/10238

Dear JasonK,
                    Thank you very much for the efforts and excellent results. The daily charts
                    of DAX produced by the file are almost identical with the publisched ones.
                    Unfortunately the chart smoothed with KAMA does not function very often for
                    minute intervals (I tried it for OVTI, MSFT, NTAP, RIMM,...). I was unable
                    to find out the cause for not plotting. I would appreciate it very much if
                    this error could be rectified.

Regards

beena

Comment

beena
                      Try the attached revision of the efs
                      Alex
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hallo Alexis
                        Thank you for the revision of the efs, but still I am facing difficulties with some intervals, e.g. 4-minute for ES Z4, 1-minute for AC, 3-minute for Ebay,…

Regards

beena

Comment

beena
                          As far as I can see it appears to be working properly with those symbols/intervals
                          Alex

Comment

Hello Alexis,
                            After several trials at different days the results are not consistent, e.g. one day I am unable to view 1-minute ES #F and the other day would be possible. May be there is a problem of variable initializing.

To view Heiken-Ashi Chart with KAMA smoothing, I changed only line 55 to: fp3.setDefault("KAMA");

Is it the only thing I have to change ?

Regards

beena

Comment

beena
                              As to the issue you are experiencing it might be helpful if you could post an image of a chart showing the problem since I don't seem to be able to replicate it.
                              With regards to making the KAMA the default that is the only change you need to implement.
                              Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X