moving average crossovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving average crossovers

I've used eSignal for several years, but I'm brand new to the formulas part. In trying to understand how backtesting works, how do I set up something as simple as the following:Have an Alert Sound when the following occurs...
    "Buy Long/ Sell Short when a 10 MA crosses a 30 MA on Closing of the Candlestick."
    I see in the "canned" backtesting area where something similar is available, namely: Buy Long/ Sell Short when a Moving Average crosses a Closing Price.
    Thanks for your help. Hopefully, by seeing how the above system is set up, I'll be able to better understand how to set up other backtesting formulae.
    For example, I would also like to have an Alert sound when +DI crosses -DI of a Directional Movement study.
    Again, thanks for any help you can give re: these items.
    I had no idea these tools were available for eSignal subscribers...and I've probably subscribed for six or seven years.
    ron marshall

ronmarshall

I would also like to have an Alert sound when +DI crosses -DI of a Directional Movement study

You may want to go through all of this thread as it contains several variations of the ADX study with alerts.
    Some more examples can also be found here
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

ronmarshall
      The attached efs computes the 10 and 30 period moving averages and generates Buy/Sell signals for back testing.
      It will also work in real time triggering sound alerts when at the completion of a bar the averages have crossed. Lastly it will color the bars in blue when long and in red when short.
      All parameters for both MAs can be modified through Edit Studies
      Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X