Change background on MACD & MA crossover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change background on MACD & MA crossover

I'm looking for a way to change the background color of a chart from black to white if 2 conditions are true:

1. MACD line (12,26,9) is above its signal line
    2. The stock Price is above it's 20 period 1 minute moving average

Once these conditions are true, would like the background color remain white until both conditions become false, then go back to black?

Is this possible?

I am very interested in changing background colors based on study results.

thanks

reno4nook
    Are you trying to paint the background of the whole chart or just of the bars in which the conditions are met?
    FYI either one can be done.
    Alex

Comment

background color ?

i would like the backgroun color to remain/continue the same UNTILL the reverse signal occurs and the background changes to the 2 nd color.

Comment

ggutierrez
        You may be replying to the wrong thread.
        My question was directed at reno4nook and was specifically related to his post.
        As to your request I believe you asked the same question in this thread in which I invited you to post the efs so someone could take a look at it
        Alex

Comment

I want to change the entire background of the chart.

Staring at moving lines and graphs is tiring. The goal is to have an easily noticeable change in the appearance of the entire chart when these conditions are met.

thanks for your help.

Comment

reno4nook
            The attached efs will color the entire background of the chart in white when the MACD is above the Signal and the Close is above the moving average and in black if the opposite conditions are true.
            When only one of the conditions is true then it retains the last background color.
            It will not plot either indicator but all the parameters for each one can be modified in Edit Studies
            Alex
            Attached Files

Comment

thank you very much.

It works great. Was able to go into the code and play around with the colors and change the MA type.

I am still evaluating this product, but so far it looks very flexible.

Comment

reno4nook
                The pleasure is mine.
                FWIW the attached revision now includes the option to define the colors through Edit Studies (defaults are white and black)
                Alex
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X