MA envelope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA envelope

I've look for a moving average envelope for a simple ma ...with envelopes equal distance apart where you can set them at 2 or three envelopes above/below...i'm no techie here so don't no how to change codes so any help appreciate..thanks

woodie

woodie
    Click here and download basicMAchannel.efs
    All parameters are user defined through Edit Studies and there is an option to base the channel on fixed point value, percentage or ATR.
    Alex

Comment

ma

thanks alex will try it

woodie

Comment

ma

alex ..i added what you said and it draws 1 line and not the envelopes...what am i doing wrong?
        thks woodie

Comment

woodie
          In Edit Studies you need to select if you want the Envelope based on fixed Points, Percent or ATR. Then in the parameter immediately below that insert the value (default is 0) of the Points or Percent and/or the ATR length and multiplier if you selected ATR.
          Alex

Comment

ma

THANKS ALEX...did that and still no envelope...did exactly as you said

woodie

Comment

woodie
              I just downloaded it an set it to Points and 1.5 and here is what appears at my end on 5 minute ES Z4 chart
              Did you use Points or Percent? What value did you insert?
              Alex

Comment

ma..

THANKS ALEX...I was using 150 points got it to work excellent ..hehe said i was no techie..thks again

woodie

Comment

woodie
                  Pleasure is mine
                  Alex

Comment

alex

can this ma channel be configures as a money value? and what relationship do the points and percentage have to the price?

regards

richard

Comment

richard

can this ma channel be configures as a money value?

It can but you would have to create the necessary variables to define the minimum tick and point value since efs is not aware of them.

and what relationship do the points and percentage have to the price?

If you select Points it simply adds/subtracts that user defined value to/from the moving average. For example assume the average is at 50.00 and the Points defined are 3 it will plot the upper band at 53.00 and the lower at 47.00.
                      If instead you select Percent it calculates the percent value of the MA and then adds/subtracts it to or from the average. For example if the Percent is 1 then it will calculate the corresponding price value ie 0.50 (1% of 50.00) then plot the bands at 50.50 and 49.50 respectively.
                      For ATR it also gives you the option to define a length other than the one used for the average and a multiplier
                      Alex

Comment

thanks again alex

Comment

Hello,
                          I have attempted to modify the MA envelop study. So only the lower band would be visable based on the High.

And modify another one to show only the upper band based on the low.

But, I haven't figured out how to remove the bases line.

If I could get this file modified I could probably figure out the other.

Thanks
                          Russ
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Russ,

You can remove the basis line a few ways...

Change the return in main
                            return new Array (vUpper,vBasis,vLower);

To this:
                            return new Array (vUpper,vLower);

Or to this:
                            return new Array (vUpper,null, vLower);

I see Alexis is using the checkVersion - very nice...
                            Matt Gundersen

Comment

mattgundersen,

Works great.

Thanks very much.
                              Russ

Comment

Working...
                              X