changing histogram color in basic study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing histogram color in basic study

Is there a way to change the color of the histogram in the macd basic study so that when it is above the "0" line it is green, and when it is below the "0' line it is red?

I have tried to duplicate the same settings I use in the basic macd study, by fiddling around with the settings in the various macd studies in the builtins and the library, but can not come close to my favorite settings in the basic macd 21,22,21 hlc/3

Right now the macd histogram in my study window is one color, above and below the "0" line.

Sure would be great to have it green above, red below.

thanks, Jeff
    jeffd

Jeff
    The attached variation of the builtinMACD.efs that is in the Builtin subfolder of Formulas will color the histogram in green if above 0 and in red if below
    Alex

Attached Files

Comment

awesome

this worked great. I just changed the number settings and histogram bar thickness and looks great.

thanks again

Jeff
      jeffd

Comment

Jeff
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Comment

MACD Histogram

I have looked at the builtin formula and tried to modify with no luck and also tried the wizard with no luck
          I like the red and green color for the histogram above and below the zero line, but I do not want to show the two signal lines, just the histogram. Is there a way to do this like in the normal basic studies to only show the histogram, but with different colors above and below zero???

THANKS..........

Comment

minitrader
            The attached revision of the efs adds the options to switch On/Off the plots for the MACD/Signal OR the Histogram
            Alex
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the quick response..........

Works like a charm !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again..

Comment

Working...
              X