candlewaist-buysellsweet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• candlewaist-buysellsweet

This EFS was written by Alex and realm and works really good. It marks flags on the chart at buy and sell points. What it needs is an audible alert. It is real easy to miss a signal.

I would do it if I knew how.

Thanks,
    Russ
    Attached Files

Russ
    The attached revision adds a sound alert.
    However it should be noted that the efs was not originally intended for use in tick by tick real time since some of the calculations for the signals are dependant on the Close. Therefore I also added a setComputeOnClose() statement in preMain (see line 11 of the efs). If you still want to run in tick by tick mode simply comment out the statement with the understanding that it may provide false signals.
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Alex,
      Esignal and you are the best.

Russ

Comment

Russ
        Thank you for the compliment
        Alex

Comment

Hi Russ,

Thanks for the kind words...

Comment

Alex:

I've loaded the study and I'd like to know if it is possible to mark the chart (the price) when the signal was created.

I want to back test this (manually) to see able to see the actual entires and actual exits (to see if it actually makes money).

Is this possible?

Bruce

Comment

Bruce
              The efs is already set up for back testing.
              For some background information on the strategy you may want to see this thread (the link takes you to the beginning of the thread) or contact realm1
              Alex

Comment

Bruce,
                I don't think this was intended to be used as a standalone system. If you back test it you will find that if you enter/exit on the open of the bar the results are very good. The problem is the signals come on the close of the bar and the results are not as good.

However, I use it for confirmation of other things. Like only take trades in the direction of the major trend and ignore countertrend trades. Some thing that I am experimenting with is the Moving Trend indicator (below) on a longer time frame to help tell me that.

I change the Moving Trend indicator from the way Alex first wrote it to plot in a sub chart instead of the price chart so I can see it better.

I hope this helps.

Russ
                Attached Files

Comment

Alex,
                  Could this indicator (rafterSub) be plotted in a different time frame? Like a 60 min. plot on a 10 min. plot. This way I wouldn't have to run two separate charts.
                  Thanks again for all your help in the past.
                  Russ
                  Attached Files

Comment

Russ
                    I think it can be done but I suspect that the programming required can be very complex at this time.
                    I would suggest that you contact an EFS Consultant if you want to have the study done for you.
                    Alex

Comment

Working...
                    X