square of nine efs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• square of nine efs

i am wondering if there is an efs study available that plots gann square of nine.

there does exist a file called squareofnine1.efs that i downloaded from fileshare over a year ago; and i have on various occasions tried to use it. but there are some issues that i do not understand:
    1) the lines seem to be dependent upon where i click to anchor it,
    2) only one line is visible at a time,
    3) and the "control panel" and copyright information take up quite a lot of space on the chart. i am uncertain why this control panel is necessary,
    4) the so9 numbers that are available from a variety of other sources and spreadsheets are consistent, but the lines produced by this efs bear no resemblance to these.

all of the available spreadsheets and other sources for these numbers list a consistent series for a given range, and i plot them by hand. but it seems that it might be feasible to simply plot these on the chart automatically given any price range.

thanks very much in advance,
    angela

Angela:

Can you provide some examples and/or formulas?

Chris

Comment

Chris,
      thanks for responding. attached are 2 spreadsheets from e-minitraders.com (www.e-minitraders.com) that i use regularly. only the price worksheets are relevent.

thank you! i look forward to your thoughts on this.
      angela

Originally posted by ckryza
      Angela:

Can you provide some examples and/or formulas?

Chris

Comment

Angela:

No attachments came through with the post.

Chris

Comment

unable to attach xls document

for some reason, xls is not among the allowed attachments, perhaps because of macros/virii. the most extensive spreadsheet can be obtained at www.e-minitraders.com/misc/sqof9.xls

thank you!
          angela

Comment

Angela:

Try the "Lite" version that I posted in my File Share group here:

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...09&groupid=114

Instructions are at the top of the actual script. Just load the script into your Formula Editor to review.

The issue, I believe, is whether or not prices are normalized prior to performing the Square of 9 calculations. This version defaults to no normalization which is probably what you are looking for.

Chris

Comment

thank you Chris!

that was fast! and much appreciated too.

i love how the lines look on the chart. however, i am unsure how to get an "anchor point". for example, i would like anchor 0 degrees at 9851 on ym, and i am having trouble finding a bar that will make that occur. is there a way to just enter the number desired for the 0 degrees?

in the meantime, i will keep trying to anchor it properly.

thank you so much again for your effort.
              angela

Comment

Square of 9 Anchor

I have been watching this thread with interest as I also am interested in obtaining the sq of 9s automatically. Perhaps the ability to input a zero degree number would solve the problem.

Thanks

Comment

I modified the new Square of 9 script so that it has a menu option where you can select from either "Anchor on Price" (the default value) or "Freeform". If you select the "Freeform" option, the square-of-9 calculation will anchor at the precise price level where you double-click, regardless of whether or not there is a bar at that price level.

Link to File Share:

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...09&groupid=114

Note: the file is SquareOfNine2.efs

Chris

Comment

bravo Chris!

this is perfect. thank you so much!
                    angela

Comment

Can the anchor be a Parameter input? The current method requires that the anchor be set with each chart reload.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X