3 line break with stop's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 line break with stop's!

I am using 3lb automated with atr ratcheting stop's. The problem is I can not get the stop activated until the bar close's. The price action might run past my stop 2 or more points before the bar closes then the stop is activated and I give up lots of profit. I have gone to tools>efs>settings to make sure the calculate on close is not checked. In backtesting the price is stopped at the correct place, but not in real time. I would be happy to e-mail a moderator the efs I am using but didn't feel like posting it here since it is 1450 lines long

Aggie549
    You can attach the efs to your message and someone may be able to take a look at it
    Alex

Comment

Ok

Attachment removed because it is copyrighted material. -- JayF (Admin)

Comment

Aggie549
        The reason why you are seeing that behavior in real time is that in a 3LB chart the bar forms only when price is above/below the Point Break Amount at the completion of the interval. So, even if the efs is set to trigger in real time there is no bar upon which to base its calculations at least until that bar closes. The reason why it instead uses the correct stops in back testing is because the historical bars are fully formed and the efs knows in advance what has happened.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X