CHAOS Fractal EFS Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHAOS Fractal EFS Needed

Has anyone developed an EFS to display the CHAOS Fractals on a price chart?

Try looking here:

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...or&groupid=114

Chris

Comment

Triangular Moving Average

I'm looking for an efs file that contains the code for the indicator: "Triangular Moving Average." Does anyone have it or seen it?

Comment

Amil
        The attached efs is a variation of MAofMA.efs available here.
        It has been modified to include a "Triangular" option in the Moving Average Type (see MA1Type in Edit Studies). When that option is selected the efs will implement the appropriate changes required to calculate the Triangular average and ignore the parameters MA2Length and MA2Type. In all other conditions you can use the efs to plot a moving average of a moving average with all the parameters individually selectable.
        Alex
        Attached Files

Comment

Time Series Forcast

Thank you, "maofma" worked great, exactly what I was looking for. Now, I would like to find another file for the indicator: "Time Series Forecast." Any ideas?

Comment

Amil
            You can find a TimeSeriesForecastofMovingAverage.efs here in Chris Kryza's Specialty Scripts group in File Sharing
            Alex

Comment

Time Series Forecast

Sorry, I changed subjects on you without saying so. The "Time Series Forecast" indicator I want is a completely separate indicator from "maofma." It is a stand along indicator plotted on the price chart, looks like a moving average, but it does something different than moving averages, it attempts to forecast prices. Are we talking about the same thing?

Comment

Amil
                I was aware that you had changed subject.
                I don't know if the efs I indicated in the link is what you are looking for but it is the only "Time Series Forecast" efs I have seen.
                Alex

Comment

Stochastic Momentum Index

Thank you, the Time Series Forecast code works acceptably. It is not the exact indicator that I wished, but after comparing it, the two correlate about 85%of the time, good enough. I have another wish it is for the following indicator: Stochastic Momentum Index. Any codes that anyone is aware? According to my book: "Technical Analysis from A to Z." The indicator is to be plotted as follows:

1. Add the highest high to the lowest low over the desired time period.
                  2. Divide the value in step 1 by 2 to get the midpoint.
                  3. Subtract the midpoint in step 2 from the close, which gives you the distance of the close relative to the midpoint of the n-period high/low range.
                  4. Calculate an exponential moving average of the value obtained in step 3.
                  5. Calculate an exponential moving average of the value obtained in step 4.
                  6. Subtract the highest high from the lowest low over the desired time period.
                  7. Calculate an exponential moving average of the value obtained in step 6 (use the same number of periods as used in step 4).
                  8. Calculate an exponenetial moving average of the value obtained in step 7 (use the same number of periods as used in step 5).
                  9. Divide the value obtained in step 8 by 2.
                  10. Divide the value obtained in step 5 by the value obtained in step 9.
                  10. Multiply the value in step 10 by 100. This is the SMI (Stochastic Momentum Index).

The result should be an oscilator that oscilate from 0 to +100 and from 0 to -100, seldom it gets to +100 or -100. There is an indicator line and a MA that crossover. Values moving up above -40 is bullish, values moving down below +40 is bearish. Let me know if anyone can program this in efs.

Thank you

Comment

Amil
                    Try running a Search in the Bulletin Board using Stochastic Momentum as the keywords and you should find one programmed by Chris Kryza
                    Alex

Comment

Alex,

Tried that nothing came up. Could you be more specific? Is Chris Kryza reacheable?

Comment

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...us&groupid=114

has Chris' StochMom.efs

Comment

Thank you, found the indicator. It works great.

Comment

Amil,

I performed the search as Alex suggested and found the link. This made me wonder if maybe you were having problems performing the search. In this search, I also found a link where Alex provided some pretty good guidance on performing this particular search that I thought you may find helpful. Here is the link which shows how to perform the search.

Understand that there are additional posts on Stochastic Momentum since Alex posted this 15 months ago, so you will have more hits than had been previously identified in his example. Regardless, this still provides some excellent guidance on performance of effective searches.

Comment

Thank you for your instruction in how to perform a search. I followed your instructions and it worked great.

Another request: I would like to have the price bars painted a certain color after prices meet a certain criteria: I would like to have price bars painted blue after 4 EMA crosses above the 6 EMA. Reversely, bars painted red after 4 EMA crosses below the 6 EMA. Is this possible in eSignal? Is there an efs file for this?

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X