Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - EMA Crossover Script

Hello,

I'm a newbie to EFS, and I'm trying to make a EFS script that will plot 2 different EMAs, and will place a down arrow above the high of the bar when the faster EMA crosses below the slower one, and an up arrow below the low of the bar when the faster EMA crosses above the slower one. It would be cool if there was an audio and list alert when a crossover occured, but I'm not picky The default EMAs would be 5 & 6, but ideally user adjustable.

I tried the EFS Wizard, but with no luck.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Good trading,

JS Arcand

JS
    Click here and you will find an efs that will draw arrows when two averages cross over.
    FYI I found this post by running a Search using average* cross* as the keywords.
    Alex

Comment

Thanks....Swing Points?

Alex,

Thanks for the info and file location. That's great My friend Andreas said that you were one of the go-to persons in the forums, and he was right.

I'm trying to get the same functions from another program into Esignal, that's why I needed the EFS for the crossover. I'm wondering if there's one out there for Swing points?

The code in the other charting program looked like this for the S. Points:

IF ( High[0]<High[-1]ANDHigh[-1]<High[-2] ) THEN
      < AddBuyEntry >
      ENDIF
      IF ( Low[0]>Low[-1]ANDLow[-1]>Low[-2] ) THEN
      < AddSellEntry >
      ENDIF

The script will show when there are two higher highs after the S bar and when there are two lower lows than the S bar. I've included an image.

Thanks again for your help and time.

Shane
      Attached Files

Comment

Shane

I'm wondering if there's one out there for Swing points?

Run a Search for swing* as the keyword and you should find one written by JasonK. You may also want to look at the Jan Arps Universal Swing Tool.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X