• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawing Vertical TIME lines on a adv chart

Hi,

Does anyone know how to draw vertical time lines on an advanced chart - eg:

- a vertical line drawn at 10.30am
    - another drawn at 11.00am...etc

I can create a Horizontal Price lines study in the formula wizard (eg: typing in the price level in the Returned Data Points section), but i've no idea what put put in to identify a time period?

Thanks,
    Paul

the attached file should do what you want, just adjust the times.

Comment

oops
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi David,
        Many thanks for your file - its spot on.

I just finished changing it to get the result i intended (see attached file) - it's a potential reversal time zones template for the US Markets (as described in Tools and Tactics for the Master Day Trader - Velez and Capra)

The time zones come in handy as another tool for trading - so pass it on if can benefit anyone you know /or who asks.

9.50-10.10am
        10.25-10.35am
        1.15-1.30pm
        2.15-2.30pm
        3pm - Bond Market close
        3.30pm
        red lines = reversal time zones (stalls or reverses price)

11.15/11.30 - 2.15pm
        yellow lines = midday doldrums - major lull

12.00-12.15pm
        green lines = reversal time zone - important when morning has been quiet or directionless

NOTE - to be used as helpful guidelines and not trading signals
        Attached Files
        Last edited by TURLIES; 03-17-2003, 12:12 PM.

Comment

time zones

Hi Guys, great program...i was looking for something just to break up the intraday data between days but this is even better!!! Just one question...the program looks finished but i dont get all the lines, only the red one at 9.30am Have I overlooked something???
          thanks
          John

Comment

Which program are you refering to?

Comment

time zones

Hi David, both your program and also "turlies". Your lines are green and only come onto my screen at 9.50am NYT and Turlies are RED and his are only at 9.30am NYT
              John

Comment

What time inteval are you showing on the chart?

Comment

Hi John,
                  I agree with David - check your time frame - the reversal zones formula is best viewed on a 1min or 5min chart due to some of the times that need to be viewed (eg: - 10.35am or 1315pm...etc).

Paul

Comment

time zomes

hi david and paul--i've tried all times from 1min to 5min and above and still the same result. I'm looking at the $SPX on advanced charts so i'm perplexed as to why my views different!! Any thoughts??? I have version 7.2 by the way.
                    JOHN

Comment

can you post a screen shot

Comment

Success!!!

Thanks David/Paul, I'bve succeeded with the lines! Basically Im running on Central European Time so I'm 6hours ahead of NY. Even with the 24hr template on, if theres no data at 3.30am NYT on $SPX then there's no data!!! Duh! I'm so used to my old trading package (aiq) doing the time difference for me that I forgot that esignal will only go on my computers clock.So, I either change the computer clock or for me its simpler to adjust your times and add on 6 hours !
                        Sorry for the confusion and thanks once again
                        JOHN

Comment

How about vertical text on those vertical time zones? ie a text describing what kind of zone you're entering (doldrums, back from lunch, etc.)

Comment

Working...
                          X