Help needed for EFS studies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed for EFS studies

can anyone show me how to built the following? i'm a day old to esignal.

a) yesterday's 10 period ema minus today's 10 period ema

b) yesterday's 100 period ema minus today's 100 period ema

(a) minus (b)

then i need to identify the highest high and lowest low of the last 40 days.

thank you so much.

try this for the ma part, the 40 day hi and low is next

Do you run daily charts?
    Attached Files

Comment

I forgot to initialize a b and c, try this instead
      Attached Files

Comment

it says theres a syntax error, i'm so sorry, i'm know nothing about programming.

Comment

sorry, try this
          Attached Files

Comment

can u help me? i need to scan for stocks based on criterias, like highest high of last 10 days. how do i do tt?

Comment

for the 10 ema minus the 100 ema, can i have a 40 day channel?

Comment

what is a 40 day channell?

Comment

some indicator where i can tell when the (10ema minus 100ema) makes a 40 day high or a 40 day low.

any idea how i can also do stock scanning?

Comment

dont think I can help on either score, I dont do scans and I am not sure how to do a 40 day hi lo of a calculated sum.

There are others who can help, so dont give up yet.

Comment

Allan
                      With regards to stock scanning may I suggest that you visit the eSignal Market Scanner site at the following link.
                      http://www.esignal.com/scanner/default.asp
                      There you should be able to find all the information regarding the various scanners available and also set up a free trial.
                      Alex

Comment

i tried that, but can't i wan to look for stocks that have specifics that i can program. example, ADX more than 30. but none of the scanners can let me program my own criterias.

Comment

Hello Allan,

A scanner would be very difficult, if not impossible, to build in EFS due to the 3 symbol limit imposed. It was simply not intended to be used as a scanner. We are always open to any suggestions, and custom scanners would be a great addition to our product line. I will pass this along to our Product Development Team ([email protected]).

Regarding a 40 day channel (Highest High and Lowest Low), the strategy in this thread could be used to create an array of Highs and Lows in the last X days, and then the Highest High and Lowest Low could be determined and plotted. I'm just theorizing at this point... if time allows today, I'll try to throw together an EFS to do this.

The quick and dirty way to do this is with a 40 period Donchian Channel on a daily chart, but this would not work easily on an intraday basis.
                          Regards,
                          Jay F.
                          Product Manager

Comment

Dear traders,

Now that I have the ema efs as posted below by a kind gentleman. Can someone help me with the adding in of a function where I'll know if today's bar is the highest or lowest of the last 40 days?

Comment

Thank you for the compliment, one good turn deserves another

To verify it is correct add a 40 day Donchian Channel, right click on chart, Basic Study, Donchian, 40, enter, viola
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X