Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROC of Volume

Folks,

Curious how one can apply ROC to Volume as opposed to price. Actually it would be helpful to know how to do this for any number of non-price studies and indicators. Seems to me it ought to be simple to do this, but the built-ins all stubbornly want price data.

MOVO

I use a MOVO efs as an indicator of volume momentum.You could change the code for a momentum indicator for anything.Do a search for MOVO in the file share area

Comment

That was snappy

Ah, I see. Yes, I guess I can go back and do the calculations from sractch. Kind of a pain though to have to code it like this, but much appreciated.

However I was wondering if there is no automated way to do this. The reason I ask is that I am doing a lot of technical analysis of a type that is likely not of interest to a broad group of people (statistics and longer term trends as opposed to trading).

I was *hoping* (hint, hint eSig team) that it was an easy matter to be able to tell the built in or the Library ROC (or what have you) to use volume instead of price in a more automated fashion.

Part of the reason I think it would be useful to have this sort of non-price use of the Library or built-ins is to keep things nice and modular without having to hand-code something each time.

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

deepfoo
        With regards to RoC of Volume the Formula Wizard will do it (see attached image).
        As of now the Formula Wizard does have some limitations, but as far as I know the intention is to make it into a much more flexible and capable tool for most.
        Alex
        Attached Files

Comment

Ugh

So easy I can't seem to get it to work!. Thanks though, I'll struggle with it. Problem is it isn't drawing anything.

Comment

deepfoo
            Here is the efs created by the Formula Wizard.
            Save it to the Wizard subfolder of Formulas in the eSignal directory and then launch the Formula Wizard and instead of creating a new formula open this one.
            At that point you can modify the parameters, colors, thickness of line, plot etc.
            Alex
            Attached Files

Comment

Biscuit!

Well that worked. I somehow managed not to generate the plot code properly in mine. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X