drawing horizontal lines on a chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drawing horizontal lines on a chart

Is there a way to simply have horizontal lines drawn on a chart at specific price levels that i can manually input each day.
    In other words if i have a list of pretrermined price levels can i simply place them on my chart similar to the addband command that is used to draw horizontal lines on studies
    Thanks
    Yoda

yoda
    you may want to look at the sr lines-2.efs in this thread as it could be adapted to do what you want.
    Alex
    http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...&threadid=1239

Comment

Re: drawing horizontal lines on a chart

One way to do this is to use a Fibonacci retracement of some range, such as yesterday's high and low. A relatively simple calculation will convert the price levels you want to draw to a fraction of that range (negative values and values > 1 for outside the range are OK). You can enter these levels with the Fib line editor. This gives you a nice central place to manage several lines as a group. A simple spreadsheet calculation gives you a way to enter the levels and find the needed entries for the editor.

What I can't for the life of me figure out is why sSignal labels Fibonacci lines on the right, and has no provision for extending those lines forward in time. When I use a Fib tool, I want to see the levels on my chart after the time period of the range that establishes the levels.

Originally posted by yodajudge
      Is there a way to simply have horizontal lines drawn on a chart at specific price levels that i can manually input each day.
      In other words if i have a list of pretrermined price levels can i simply place them on my chart similar to the addband command that is used to draw horizontal lines on studies
      Thanks
      Yoda

Comment

Dan

What I can't for the life of me figure out is why sSignal labels Fibonacci lines on the right, and has no provision for extending those lines forward in time.

The latest beta (build 566) has the option to extend the Fib Lines forward in time.

Alex
        Last edited by ACM; 04-01-2003, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X