exhaustion candle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaustion candle

I am looking for a formula that will place a big red dot over the 6th candle of a series where the previous 5 candles had consecutive higher highs (using the high of the wick, not the close) - and also a green dot for the opposite (lower lows)...

can't find in knowledge base
    appreciate any help...

mt2414
    Have you considered writing the study using the Formula Wizard? If not you may want to give that a try as the Formula Wizard makes it very easy to program studies such as the one you are seeking (see example in the image below).
    For information on how to use the Formula Wizard see this article in the EFS knowledgeBase.
    If you encounter any problems post what you have done and someone may be available to assist you.
    Alex

Comment

Thanks Alexis, i will do that. I've seen you do such a good job with other folks, i thought i'd throw my first one out there...
      steve

Comment

1 tick above

Works great Alexis, not too hard to do.

However, how do i get my dot to appear 1 tick above the candle high?

Thanks, steve
        Attached Files

Comment

Steve
          It is a little more envolved to do that with the Formula Wizard in as much as it does not (yet) take advantage of some of the advanced drawing parameters available with EFS2. Anyhow the easiest way is to manually add/subtract the value of 1 tick to the high()/low() in the drawShapeRelative command (in the example below I am assuming this would be used for ES hence 0.25).

However if you change security (or even interval) you may find you have to edit the efs to adapt it to the different price scale. So for now you could manually input the EFS2 parameters. In place of high() or low() use AboveBar1 or BelowBar1 (which will space the shape automatically) and add a Shape.PRESET flag as shown.
          Hope this helps
          Alex

Comment

Works like a champ.

Your the efs man!

Comment

Steve
              Glad to hear it is working as you wished and thank you for the compliment
              Alex

Comment

Working...
              X