Fractal Study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fractal Study

This is a code that Chris (Devergence Software) has written. I works great but, instead of printing green up arrows it prints two green dots on the up fractals.

I looked at the code but didn't see anything I recognized. And figured I would just mess up if I tried to change anything.

And Chris is on vacation until the 30th of August. Could someone look at this and make the need changes.

Thanks
    Russ
    Attached Files

Russ
    As far as I can see it is drawing green arrows on the up fractals
    Alex

Comment

I have no idea why mine looks like this.
      Attached Files

Comment

Russ
        Probably because you do not have the Wingdings3 font on your machine so that character is being substituted with one from another font set.
        Alex

Comment

I have Wingdings but not Wingdings3. I guess that makes a difference.

Now to find Wingdings3.

Russ

Comment

Russ
            Alternatively in lines 174 and 253 replace "Wingdings 3" with "Wingdings" and replace the character inside the quotes by typing (use the Numeric keypad to do this) Alt+0225 for an up arrow and Alt+0226 for the down arrow. For thicker arrows use Alt+0233 and Alt+0234
            Alex

Comment

Alex,
              I did as you say. Relaceed "Wingdings3" with "Wingdings" and replaced the solid square inside the quotes with Alt+0255 for the up arrow and ALT+0226 for the down arrow. It prints about a dozen different fonts for the up and down markings.

Then replaced the Alt+... text from both with the solid square and tried it again. And it replaced the up arrows with a green circle around an 7 and a red 8 with a circle around an 8.

I must not be typing the test in the right place.

However, it will work fine like this.

Thanks again
              Russ
              Attached Files

Comment

Russ
                Note that in the Formula Editor it will not show the arrows but different characters. The arrows will however be drawn on the chart. Also you could be typing in the incorrect code.
                Try copying and pasting it from the Character Map Tool (Start-> Programs-> Accessories-> Systems Tools)
                Alex

Comment

Hello,
                  I have been using this study with great success on two time frames. Taking trades on a higher time frame and managing the trade on a lower time frame.

Is there a way to output the fractals from a higher time frame to the lower time frame. If so I would not have to run the higher time frame and everything could be on one chart.

I look on the board to see if it had already been done and didn't find anything.

This is the fractal code written by Chris Kryza.

Thanks,
                  Russ
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X