Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible To Choose On Which Bar To Start My Count?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible To Choose On Which Bar To Start My Count?

Good Morning,
    I have a bar counter study that starts counting from the 1st bar of the day. My count runs for 13 bars . Is it possible to have my count start, say, on the 20th bar, or the 28th bar, or the 35th bar, for example, & label the next 13 bars 1-13? Thank you.
    Diane

Diane
    Yes it is possible. You need to set up a second counter that will start counting from the first bar of the day up to the number of bars you want (13 or 28, etc). Once it reaches that value it sets a flag to true which will be a required condition for the other counter to begin its count
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alex!
      Wow, thanks for your prompt reply, & for helping me get started. I remember quite a bit from the previous times you assisted me, I have a lot of notes, so I should be able to accomplish this. My sincerest thanks, again, to you. Have a good day!
      Diane

Comment

Hi Alex,
        Well, I've got the 2nd count starting on the correct bar, but the count continues consecutively ie, 28,29,30,31, etc. I can start the 2nd count on the 28th bar ,or whatever, but I need the count to start over again with 1,2,3,4 etc. & stop on 13. Can you figure out which steps I left out? Thanks.
        Diane
        Last edited by Diane P; 09-21-2005, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Diane
          That is probably because you are not setting a condition for the secound counter to count only up to 13 after which it needs to reset itself to 1. I believe I showed you how to do this in the thread you mentioned earlier
          Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,
            Yes you did, & I apologize for not seeing it. Again, thanks for your time & patience.
            Diane

Comment

Working...
            X