Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Highs/New Lows

Folks,

This is a two parter that will be a one parter if I have just missed the symbols somehow.

I need to be able to do a study showing new highs and lows for the various indices. As many of you know these stats are commonly published and available on other platforms. It's just the single numeric value I'm looking for, don't care much about what they are otherwise.

So, the easy thing will be of course if I have just missed this and it is easily available as symbol xyz.

If that is not the case, then this second part goes back to another thread I started on being able to use eSignal with external data. This is something you can do quite easily with MetaStock for example and many data services will provide stats like the new high/lows in the correct format for that application.

So, all technical questions aside about how one reads in data from external files (which I confess I still have questions about) here are some of the problems.

1- the format. i assume plain text CR delimited to seperate dates
    2. the second problemn will likely be that the data will be given in the format of "high","low" so how does one deal with CSV values?
    3. how does one populate a study with a custom date? for example let's say there is a day chart up but i need to use a high/low stat that is weekly - how could that be done?

Question...

Do you want this on a Daily basis or on an Intra-day basis??

B
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Re: New Highs/New Lows

Just the end of day stats for the indices and the Weeklies for the same as well.

Comment

Working...
      X