Trend Line Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trend Line Alert

I have attached a trend line efs that I have found that offers an alert when the trend line is broken with a close ( a close being below/above the line). The problem I have is that I need these alerts to go off even if the line is touched, not necessarily broken. I attempted to do this myself, but no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Nick
    Attached Files
    " If a man didn't make mistakes he'd own the world in a month. But if he didn't profit from his mistakes, he wouldn't own a blessed thing."
    -Jesse Livermore

Hi Nick,

try modifying these lines:

PHP Code:
    //line 321 to:
    if (close(-1)<=this.value && close(0)>=this.value){

//line 342 to:
    if (close(-1)>=this.value && close(0)<=this.value){

//line 363 to:
    else if((this.alarm_up && close(-1)<=this.value&&close(0)>=this.value) ||(this.alarm_down && close(-1)>=this.value&&close(0)<=this.value)){ 
    I believe that will work...

Comment

Steve,
      First off, thank you for your help. However, I made those changes and still did not work. I was looking for a way to monitor the premium between the s&p mini and the cash. There are certain level that I would like to be alerted when they are hit. I attempted to just right click at the price, but that did not work as I planned. I need these alerts to rearm after being hit since these price levels i want to watch do not change at all. What I would love is to find an efs that draws horizontal lines at a specific price and when those are hit an alarm goes off. But I could not find anything like that, so I think this trend line efs will work if I could get an alert when the line is hit, not just broken.

Thank you,
      Nick
      " If a man didn't make mistakes he'd own the world in a month. But if he didn't profit from his mistakes, he wouldn't own a blessed thing."
      -Jesse Livermore

Comment

Hi Nick,

You are welcome, they should work insomuch that if the price comes and is equal to the line, provided 1) the adjustable deadband (number of bars between alarms) has been exceeded and 2) the price is coming from the right direction (up or low trend). To immediately re-arm, I suppose you could try reducing the deadband to zero, but I have not tested the efs with these settings (steps 381, 383).

Comment

Working...
        X