Monitoring certain price levels on program trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitoring certain price levels on program trading

I am looking for a way to have an alert go off when the price of the S&P e-mini minus S&P cash (ticker: EPREM A0). Before the day begins I have established two key levels using this ticker. Example, i want to know when price hits (not breaks or closes above) a price of 3.63. Once this is hit i would like an alarm to go off and then re-arm at that same price. Likewise, i would have another price, say at 1.48. When this price is touched I would like an alarm to go off and then rearm. I tried to do this through righ-clicking on the chart to set an alert, but it did not work. I'm pretty sure that this is possible in esignal since they have a couple of wavs designated for S&P 500 Program buys and sells. If anyone has any suggestions on how to accomplish this, that would be great.

Thanks in advance,
    Nick
    " If a man didn't make mistakes he'd own the world in a month. But if he didn't profit from his mistakes, he wouldn't own a blessed thing."
    -Jesse Livermore

Nick
    You could use a logic similar to the one shown in the example in this post.
    Replace vR1 and/or vR2, etc with the price levels you want. If you then want those levels to be user adjustable add a FunctionParameter so that you can set them through Edit Studies
    Alex

Comment

Alex,
      Would it be possible to add something like that to the attached EFS. That efs already has the user input for data, I'm just at a complete loss how to add those alerts to trigger and where to put the code in the enclosed efs. Any help on this would be great.

-Nick
      Attached Files
      " If a man didn't make mistakes he'd own the world in a month. But if he didn't profit from his mistakes, he wouldn't own a blessed thing."
      -Jesse Livermore

Comment

Nick
        It is possible but it would require a solid understanding of efs programming to be able to modify it.
        If you are not familiar with efs then I would suggest that you start with something simpler along the lines of what I indicated in my prior reply. That example is virtually complete as is and would require only some minor modifications and additions. As an alternative you may also want to look at the alert at x.efs which is available here
        If however the formula you posted is important to your trading then you may want to contact one of the EFS Consultants and have them customize it to your requirements
        Alex

Comment

Alex,
          Thanks for the efs about the alerts. I think this is what I need, but the only problem is that the alerts (sound and visual) I set arent going off. For instance, I set an alert at 1.97, at or above and the current price is 2.10, but I didnt hear or see anything. Any suggesstions?? I think im making this alot more complicated than it needs be. Thanks for the help, yet again.

-Nick
          -Jesse Livermore

Comment

Nick
            Download the revised script at the same link I provided in my prior reply.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X