Allow manual inputs for pivots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow manual inputs for pivots

I was wondering if anyone would know how to add something to the attached efs so that I have the ability to switch between automatic and user input for the High Low and Close. I found an efs earlier with this ability, but was unable to successfully add that feature to the enclosed efs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Nick
    Attached Files
    " If a man didn't make mistakes he'd own the world in a month. But if he didn't profit from his mistakes, he wouldn't own a blessed thing."
    -Jesse Livermore

Nick,

It can be relatively straightforward. Take a look at Alexis Montenegro's fileshare under the efs2 folder here and then look at his PivotPointsAll2.efs, specifically at the FunctionParameter section. These values are sent to function main(inside the parenthesis). Simply create a number input for the parameters you wish to set, then create a boolean input (also in this efs) to decide whether to use these manually input numbers (true or false). Then set up conditionals within your efs to use your numbers when you want to. They can be set by right clicking the screen and selecting edit studies. Alternatively, you can prompt for the edit studies menu when you start up the efs, similar to how the majority of the efs2 files in your EFS 2 Custom folder operate.

Take a look at these efs's as well to get a better understanding of how the FunctionParameter feature works, they are all excellent examples of how to use the more powerful efs2 functions. btw, these FunctionParameter values which are passed to the efs are passed every time main executes and are local, not global variables, so they are recognized only in the main function. To use them outside main, you either have to pass them to a function or assign a global variable to them, with the latter being the most common technique.

Comment

Finally got it figured out. Thanks for the advice!!

-Nick
      " If a man didn't make mistakes he'd own the world in a month. But if he didn't profit from his mistakes, he wouldn't own a blessed thing."
      -Jesse Livermore

Comment

Working...
      X