Wait till filled, partial fills, and cancelling orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait till filled, partial fills, and cancelling orders

Hi, I have a few dilemnas before I purchase this software. First, is there a native way for the program to figure out if the order it sent has been filled? Next, if we get past that problem, and say I wanted to sell at the ask, I send the order, and the ask goes down, is it possible to resend the order at the new ask price? The final problem to this issue is how do you figure out the amount of shares filled in the order if it is a partial fill? So not only is there a possibility that only part of the order gets filled, but there is also a possibility that the price changes. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to figure out when orders are filled, when they are partially filled, and how to cancel and replace orders in the EFS2 scripting language? Thank you.

Hello nexial,

EFS2 does not have the specific functionality that will allow you to accomplish the tasks you've described. However, one of our new partners, NinjaTrader, has developed an automated trading interface that will allow you to develop EFS auto-trading strategies. For a code example, please review the study posted by KCOMOLLO in this thread.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

So EFS2 won't natively be able to do this? I also found it difficult to install the NinjaTrader. I don't have the .NET 1.1.4322 from Microsoft, it doesn't install. And I find it hard to believe that EFS2 needs an external source to do these trades.

Comment

Hello nexial,

EFS does not currently have all the built-in methods required for true auto-trading. NinjaTrader has developed this ability through an external dll.

For installation instructions, please review their Installation Guide.

If you continue to have trouble with the installation process, please contact NinjaTrader Support. You could also post your support questions to the NinjaTrader forum.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X