Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified Stochastic

Hi,

I am looking for a modified Stochastic formula. The only difference between it and an normal stochastic is that instead of using the Max High and Min Low it uses the Max Close and Min Close to calculate the formula. Anyone have one already built?

The calculations and interpretations for Modified Stochastics are the same as those used on the regular Stochastic Indicator, except in the definition of the n-period price range. For some spreads and cash prices, the highs and lows are not always available. In these cases, use the modified stochastic, which defines the range by the highest close and the lowest close in the number of periods specified.

Thanks,
    Mario
    Last edited by redislk; 01-03-2006, 08:54 AM.

Mario
    The EFS2 Stochastic function now allows you to easily use any source for the indicator (even another study)
    For example the %K would be written as follows

var myStochK = stochK(14,1,3,close());

For more information on the Stochastic function and the required syntax required see this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Comment

Thanks!!!!

Alex,

Thanks for the super fast reply. Your the best.....

Mario

Comment

Mario
        My pleasure and thank you for the compliment
        Alex

Comment

Alex,

What if I wanted to use an EMA for the smoothing? Got anything for that?

-Mario

Comment

Mario
            In that case you would use the ema() function to which you pass the stochK() series as the source.

var myCustomStochD = ema(3,stochK(14,1,1,close()));

For a description of the moving average function and its syntax see this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase.
            You may also want to go through the other functions in the EFS2 Function Reference and in particular the Built-In Study functions.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X