X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• code for smoothed MA?

Hello,

I'm searching for efs-code producing the "smoothed" moving average.

The definition for this special kind of smoothing can be found

here (former forum-question):
    Forum-link

Or here (scroll down to "Smooth"):
    Description

This is something different than a simple, exponential or weighted moving average.

Could someone please share the code?

Thank you all
    Mateo

Mateo
    You can find a SmoothedMA efs here
    Also a Smoothed Moving Average function is included in the amStudies library which is described here
    Alex

Comment

Thank you!

Thanks a lot for your quick and helpful response!

Mateo

Comment

Alex,

I was looking at your amStudies library and found that the smoothed MA is not calculating correctly, it's calculating a EMA. I think

If I use the other EFS you posted below and plot at 12 period close Smoothed ma. then go and get the amSmooth.efs code which calls the library amstudies. plug in 12 period based on close, i get 2 different values... can you check if it's the same?

Comment

philli4093
          You can find an explanation at the thread I linked in my previous reply and to answer your question(s) it is calculating correctly what it is intended to do and it is not an EMA
          Alex

Originally posted by philli4093 View Post
          Alex,

I was looking at your amStudies library and found that the smoothed MA is not calculating correctly, it's calculating a EMA. I think

If I use the other EFS you posted below and plot at 12 period close Smoothed ma. then go and get the amSmooth.efs code which calls the library amstudies. plug in 12 period based on close, i get 2 different values... can you check if it's the same?

Comment

Working...
          X