trends versus consilodation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trends versus consilodation

Does someone have something élse than the basic trendindicators like parabolic, moving average?? Are there also any indicator or formula which is good for filtering away the consolidation periods???

There are lots of samples builtin to eSignal to try, most need their parameters changed to fit your chosen timeframe. I am sad to see you dismiss parabolicSAR so quickly, I love it for dealing with trailing stops, but it did take lots of fiddling with before I liked it (I actually use 3 different sets simultaneously).

I mainly use multiple stocastics and Preferred stocastics and a little MACD and ADX as my primary filters to find a good trend. Just could not find 1 indicator that did the job by itself.

If you are ready for heavier stuff , here is a link I saved ( good variety of info here to explore)

Comment

As I thought about the different types of indicators that are useful for identifying areas of congestion, I remember JasonK writing a very nice efs study that does exactly this. You may want to read through the following post and take a look at the Direction / Congestion EFS study. Hope this helps.

Comment

If you want to reduce congestion you should try volume or tick charts. Also indicators, IMHO, look a lot smoother.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidZ
          There are lots of samples builtin to eSignal to try, most need their parameters changed to fit your chosen timeframe. I am sad to see you dismiss parabolicSAR so quickly, I love it for dealing with trailing stops, but it did take lots of fiddling with before I liked it (I actually use 3 different sets simultaneously).

I mainly use multiple stocastics and Preferred stocastics and a little MACD and ADX as my primary filters to find a good trend. Just could not find 1 indicator that did the job by itself.

If you are ready for heavier stuff , here is a link I saved ( good variety of info here to explore)

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...2&pagenumber=2
          Hi David,

When you say multiple stochastics, are referring to multiple interval stochastics or stochastics with deffenent period settings within the same interval.
          Glen Demarco
          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X