Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS Activation Buttons

Hello....

I have a EFS that I would like to activate and de-activate when certain criteria is met.

Is it possible to create a Button or Trigger on the chart that would allow me to click to load and unload the EFS ?

Thanks for the help !

Hello bluenote,

The loading and unloading of an EFS formula requires manual interaction with the Advanced Chart. EFS does not have the ability to perform this action. You may submit a suggestion for your idea to IDEAS.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi JasonK....

Thanks for the reply.

Would it be possible to load the EFS manually but then have some code within the EFS itself that would create a button to activate and deactivate the EFS ?

Thank you !

Comment

Hello bluenote,

You could have a button on the chart that executes a user-defined function that changes the value of a global Boolean variable. At the end of the text parameter of the drawText... function, add as a string @URL=EFS:yourFunctionName. Your function will simply switch the value of the boolean to its opposite value. At the top of main() just after your drawText... function, check the value of this variable and simply exit main() with a return; statement if it is set to false.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X