Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 moving averages needed

I need three different moving averages.

The first needs to be a 13 bar smoothed MA offset 8 bars into the futures and colored blue.

The second needs to be an 8 bar smoothed MA offset 5 bars into the futures and colored red.

The third needs to be a 5 bar smoothed MA offset 3 bars into the futures and colored green.

Hello susankay,

Are you aware that you can apply these MAs to your chart using the built-in Moving Average study listed under "Basic Studies?" Right-click on your chart, select Basic Studies and then select Moving Average. You will see the options for the number of periods, offset and color. A positive number for the offset will project the line into the future. Simply repeat the process for the other two MAs you need.

Regards,
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Profitunity Indicators

Hi,

It looks as though you are programming eSignal to follow the Profitunity approach. Your three moving averages are the Alligator indicator. I am about to purchase eSignal end of day, and am also going to be programming that system in. I would like to know if you are easily able to program it in. I am new to actually programming and am looking for any help I can get! Thanks, and have a great day!

Comment

susankay, Troy

You can find both Bill Williams' 3 Lines (which is what susankay is looking for) and his Alligator already programmed as efs at the following group on FileShare

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...ages&groupid=7

Alex

Comment

Working...
        X