setting premarket alerts for gap stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting premarket alerts for gap stocks

I would like to be able to set high and low premarket alerts for gap stocks. Basically, I want to be able to set alerts that capture the stock moving either up or down from its premarket range.

Here is the problem. Esignal notes the last price as yesterdays closing price. As a result, you can only set alerts in one direction.

For example, lets say the stock closed at 60 but gaps up to 65 in the morning. I might want to set a high alert for 66 and a low alert for 64 to let me know if the stock is breaking out of it's premarket range.

A high alert of 66 works fine. But a low alert of 64 will tirgger immediately since esignal sees it as higher than yesterdays close.
    If instead, I set the 64 alert as a high alert it will fire on market open, which again is not helpful. I want to be able to set the low alert to fire only if the stock travels down to that price after market open.

The reverse problem occurs with gap down alerts. I can set a low alert , but an alert for a high which is the higher than the premarket price but lower than yesterdays close will give the same problem.

How can I set alerts that will capture both ends of a gap?

I am not interested in writing complicated code and I don't have a lot of time in the morning to set these alerts. The current solution is to reset these alerts on market open.

Since I trade very fast moving stock this is not a good option. I need to be free to quickly follow up on alerts that trigger within a couple minutes of market open, rather than resetting them.

Is there a fast, reliable way to set up these alerts? Ideally, I want to be able to set these alerts by pressing a couple of buttons.

Thanks for your help.
Working...
X