Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• formula efs help request

hello all,
    am new to the forum and have learned much , thank you.

I am a short term commodities trader and am looking for formulas for my intraday charts.
    the formulas that i seek would be displayed as lines on a chart, and any help would be much appreciated.

I would like to use these formulas on sesson two data only (for example es #f=2 etc)
    here are my attempts to describe the formulas....

1. A line above the first bar of the day. for example if i am using a 10 minute bar, i would like to see a horizontal line above the first bar hi and below the first bar of the day (the open range). I use 5,10 and 15 min bars

2.pivot hi and low lines:these lines would use two numbers based on session 2 data from yesterday.
    a) the first number used is already in esignal , andis called the pivot (an average of yest hi, low, and close). The second number used is a simple average of yesterdays hi and low.

b) i would like to take the absolute difference between the pivot and the hi and low average from yesterday. This diff would be added and subtracted from the pivot.... This would result in two lines for the pivot + the hilo avg and the pivot - hilo average

Any help in creating these two lines would be greatly appreciated. These are common lines of support and resistance similar to ACD method.

Thank you,

SXV

SXV:

See attached script. It is close but I don't think I fully understood your explanation:

Here is what I did:

Line1 = high of first bar of day (depends on your interval)
    Line2 = low of first bar of day (ditto);

Line3 = Daily Pivot calculated using yest Daily OHLC
    Line4 = Midpoint (Yest High + Yest Low)/2

Here is where I lose track of what you are asking for

Diff = ABS( Line3 - Line4 );

Line5 = Line3 + Diff;
    Line6 = Line3 - Diff;

If you do the math, Line6 will always be equal to Line4.

Anyway, take a look at the attached script. It should be close to what you are looking for.

Chris
    Attached Files

Comment

re pivot lines etc

hi chris, thank you for all your help. here is what i want below using your syntax (only change seems to be on LINE 3)

MY COMMENTS BELOW IN CAPS TO DIFFERENTICATE
      Line 1 and line 2 are correct(thanks !!)

Line1 = high of first bar of day (depends on your interval)
      Line2 = low of first bar of day (ditto);

LINE 3 (SHOULD BE) = AVERAGE( YEST HI+YEST LOW+YEST CL)
      *****Line3 = Daily Pivot calculated using yest Daily OHLC
      Line4 = Midpoint (Yest High + Yest Low)/2

Here is where I lose track of what you are asking for
      BELOW IS CORRECT
      Diff = ABS( Line3 - Line4 );

Line5 = Line3 + Diff;
      Line6 = Line3 - Diff;

If you do the math, Line6 will always be equal to Line4.

Anyway, take a look at the attached script. It should be close to what you are looking for.

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN CHRIS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.
      SRI VISWANATH
      Chris

Comment

Sri:

Go ahead and try the EFS attached to the prior message. I was already calculating Line3 just as you specified. Let me know how it works.

Chris

Comment

thank you for hilo efs

Chris does seem to work perfectly. thank you very much. line 4,5,6 are different by the way (and thanks again). It works on session two data (eg es #f=2,10) data also it appears.

Thank you for all your help in this programming. A real help to me.
          If there is anything i can do to help with your trading etc let me know.

Best,

Sri

Comment

Hi Sri:

Thanks. I'm glad to hear that it worked for you.

Chris

Comment

Working...
            X