Bill William's indicatiors to use on Esignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill William's indicatiors to use on Esignal

I currently use CQG software with the Bill Williams indicators pre-programmed in. I would like to move to E-Signal if I can use his indicators. Is anyone out there using Bill's indicators with E-Signal now or can anyone show me how?

Thanks.

Susankay

Susankay
    Bill Williams' AC and AO have been already programmed by TS Support and available at the following link

TS Support also programmed 3 Lines and Alligator and they are available at the following link

Download them to you computer, save them in any subfolder of choice in the Formulas folder of eSignal.
    You may want to start from there and if you need to modify them you can always ask for help here.
    Alex

Comment

Bill Williams?

I do have CQG too, but no Bill Williams at all, maybe Larry Williams consensus etc......is it that you refferring to? I have the extensive TOM DEMARK PACKAGE and DINAPOLI and KASE but never seen Bill Williams.
      Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Bill William's indicatiors to use on Esignal'

If you right click up in the "buttons" background area you will get the
        "Toolbar Manager". Click on studies and you will open up to "basic
        studies". There will be more tabs along the top. Bill Williams has his own
        tab that will allow you to load his indicators if you pay for them. Right
        now I pay $200/mo for them including $600 + for the software.

I have been able to find the Alligator and the AO and AC so far with the
        help of others. If I can re-create most of it in E-Signal I will probably
        switch over to save about $500/mo.

SusanKay
        ----- Original Message -----
        To: <[email protected]>
        Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 8:48 AM
        Subject: Reply to post 'Bill William's indicatiors to use on Esignal'

> Hello susankay,
        >
        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        >

Comment

Almost there with BW indicators

Can price bars be colored off the AO and AC? Meaning if the AO and AC agreed and were both blue then the price bar would be blue. If AO and AC were both red then the price bar would be red. If they did not agree (one red one blue) then the price bar would be black.

Thanks again.

Susankay

Comment

Bill Williams Indicators

I am about to purchase eSignal, I already spoke to someone at eSignal, I believe the name was Jason K. I described what I needed to program in and he saw no problems at all. You can program the entire Profitunity system into eSignal. I would love to go to CQG but cannot afford to spend around $700.00 just to be able to get the indicators. I have done research, and eSignal is the best priced product, and since it can be done on eSignal there is no need to pay for a much more expensive service.
            Susankay, I understand and am ready to trade with the Bill Williams indicators but am curious to know if you have had good success with them. Thanks!

Comment

Susankay

Can price bars be colored off the AO and AC? Meaning if the AO and AC agreed and were both blue then the price bar would be blue. If AO and AC were both red then the price bar would be red. If they did not agree (one red one blue) then the price bar would be black.

Given that the formula for AC also includes AO I just added some conditions to the former where it builds the AO and I believe the result is what you asked for (see following image).

The attached efs will color the bars only. You still need to run AC and AO to get the Oscillator plots.

Right now I pay $200/mo for them including $600 + for the software.

That sounds awfully steep for what are rather plain oscillators. Just a very personal opinion mind you.

Alex
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes I am having success. I have been able to download the Alligator as well
                as the AO and AC.

Goodluck.

Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 2:04 PM

> Hello susankay,
                >
                >

Comment

Re: Re: Reply to post 'Bill William's indicatiors to use on Esignal'

Susan you are right, but they were vunder the tab PROFITUINITY that's why I was nott able to find them. I have them now on trial ......
                  However Switching to ESIG it's a great move.....I pay with CQG an hefty 2000 € a month ( Soft, TDM , DENAPOLI, Kase, Back testing, markets fees, Dow Jones INFO, .......)

Good trade with alligator.......

Originally posted by susankay
                  If you right click up in the "buttons" background area you will get the
                  "Toolbar Manager". Click on studies and you will open up to "basic
                  studies". There will be more tabs along the top. Bill Williams has his own
                  tab that will allow you to load his indicators if you pay for them. Right
                  now I pay $200/mo for them including $600 + for the software.

I have been able to find the Alligator and the AO and AC so far with the
                  help of others. If I can re-create most of it in E-Signal I will probably
                  switch over to save about $500/mo.

SusanKay
                  Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 8:48 AM

> Hello susankay,
                  >
                  >
                  Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Updated reply on BW indicators

YES! EXACTLY. Thank you. Could you make the black price bar grey for me instead? I am really impressed with you guys.

P.S.

I originally went with CQG because that is what Bill was using and highly recommended. I am now finding that there are less expensive options.

Comment

Susankay
                      If you have downloaded the formula that I posted a few messages back then open it with the Editor and substitute Line63
                      that says
                      setPriceBarColor(Color.black);
                      with
                      setPriceBarColor(Color.lightgrey);
                      Save after Editing. If you have the efs already running on a chart you will need to Reload it (right click on chart and select Reload->Bill Williams AC-AO
                      Alex
                      Last edited by ACM; 04-24-2003, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Susankay
                        FYI in case you have not seen them, TS Support also coded some other Bill Williams studies that are available at the link below.
                        Alex

Comment

Bill Williams Trade Signals

Alexis,

Thanks for all of the help you have given regarding setting up the Bill Williams indicators. I have one question for you. After setting up the indicators, how difficult will it be to set up eSignal to visually alert me of the different buy/sell signals? There are 5 different buy signals that I want to represent with different shapes above the price bars, and 5 different sells that need to be represented with the same shapes below the price bars. Having the indicators and the changing color price bars is really all that is needed, although it would be nice to have the complete system programmed in. Thank you very much for all of your help!

Comment

Troy
                            That should not be too difficult once you have a clear idea of all the conditions.
                            Alex

Comment

BW color change discrepancy?

Alexis, could you bring up a chart (SP M3, 60) with the BW AO and AC and the formula you wrote on the red and blue price bars that changes based on the AO and AC.

My question is, the current bars sometimes don't follow the rules. If you notice two of the recent AO bars are blue though they went lower and the same with one of the recent AC bars, though it went lower it also is blue instead of red. Why is this? If you look at the past bars there seems like no discepancies, just the recent bars. Can you help?

Comment

Working...
                              X