Dots on Price Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dots on Price Bars

When dots are placed on price bars, can either of the following changes be made:

1. Reduce the font size of the dot.
    2. Can the dot be moved above the high of the bar or below the low of the bar?

Thanks.

DaTr8dr

If you are talking about using the drawShape() function to draw the dots on your screen then I believe the answer is No to #1 and Yes to #2.

Shape sizes cannot be changed as far as I know.

They can, however, be positioned above or below a specific number.

drawShapeRelative( xValue, yValue, Shape.CIRCLE, null, Color.blue, Shape.BOTTOM, uniqueVal);

will align the bottom of the circle (dot, whatever) with the price yValue. So this would be used to place a dot above a price high.

drawShapeRelative( xValue, yValue, Shape.CIRCLE, null, Color.blue, Shape.TOP, uniqueVal);

will align the top of the circle with the price yValue. So this would be used to place a dot below a price low.

Chris

Comment

Other Shapes

Are there other shapes that can also be drawn and placed above/below price highs and lows? I am looking in particular for squares, diamonds, lines, arrows. I want to be able to identify different types of buy and sell signals. Thanks!

Comment

Troy
        If you follow the link below you will find the EFS Help files that Chris has kindly compiled.
        In them you will find all the relevant information on EFS including Shapes.
        Alex

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...le&groupid=114

Comment

Don't forget you can always delete a shape (or image or line drawn by the drawLinexxx() commands) and then redraw them anyway you would like (and that is supported).

G
          Garth

Comment

Working...
          X