Look ahead indication question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look ahead indication question

I'm writting a look ahead indicator and I want to plot to the right of Bar (0) - the current bar. Is there a way to plot to Bar (-1) ?

...bob
    ...bob

bob
    EFS does not plot where there is no data as for example to the right of bar(0) [ie at bar(1) and not bar(-1) which is the bar before bar(0)]
    You can however use draw functions such as drawLineRelative() to replicate the plot. For an example of how to do this see this thread
    Alex

Comment

bob
      The example provided in the thread I indicated in my prior reply shows how to draw the value of a study displaced forward by 1 period.
      If you need to displace by more than one period then you will need to draw a line for each period that the study is being displaced. While you could do that by writing as many drawLineRelative() commands as necessary a more efficient way to accomplish the task is to use a for loop as shown in the following basic example of a moving average offset forward by 5 periods
      Alex

PHP Code:
      function preMain(){

setPriceStudy(true);
      }

function 
      main(){

var 
      Avg sma(10);
          var 
      Offset 5;
          var 
      AvgVal Avg.getValue(-Offset);

for (var 
      x=1x<=Offsetx++){

drawLineRelative(x-1,Avg.getValue((x-Offset)-1),x,Avg.getValue(x-Offset),PS_SOLID,1,Color.blue,"plot"+x);
          } 

return 
      AvgVal;

Comment

Working...
      X