Multi Time Frame Stochastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Time Frame Stochastic

Does anyone know how I can display more than one Stochastic Oscillator with different time frames ( 5min, 60min) on the same study?

Hello Steven723,

This is accomplished using the inv() function for the fourth parameter in the stochK() and stochD() functions. In the most simplest form, you could do the following. Try this on a 1 min chart.

PHP Code:
    function main() {
        var 
    xStochK_5  stochK(1413inv(5));
        var 
    xStochD_5  stochD(1413inv(5));
        var 
    xStochK_60 stochK(1413inv(60));
        var 
    xStochD_60 stochD(1413inv(60));

return new Array(
    xStochK_5xStochD_5xStochK_60xStochD_60);

Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks a lot, I will give it a try

Steven

Comment

Hey Stephen,

It sounds like we might be pursuing the same approach ..... looking for agreement of stochastics in different timeframes. I decided to view the actual 15 minute stochastic plot in a 15 minute chart, and then set the chart background color based on the condition (rising/falling) of the 60 minute stochastic.

If viewing both stochastics doesn't work for you, I'll be happy to send you my efs for setting background color.

Regards
        shaeffer
        (a former Calgarian)

Comment

I am trying to create a similar indicator using money flow. I am relatively new to editing efs files. I was hoping someone might have sample code that I might adapt, or perhaps I'm reinventing the wheel. Is this type of indicator floating around here already?

Thanks for any assistance you can give!

Comment

Chris Tyler
            In the EFS2 Custom folder in Formulas you should have the customMoneyFlow.efs which is already enabled for use with multiple time frames and/or external symbols
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X