X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fibonacci Trader "HiLo Activator" Study

Hello All

After recently reading Robert Krausz's Stocks & Commodities article entitled "The New Gann Swing Chartist" and several of his articles on his homepage, www.fibonaccitrader.com, particularly "The Professional Gann Swing Plan" I decided to give Fibonacci Trader (his proprietary platform that uses your eSignal data feed) a try just to check out some of the indicators he refers to in his articles.

The one I'm really interested in is his "HiLo Activator" indicator. I searched the eSignal forums here and found 1 link in the Italian forum where Alexis C. Montenegro posted a link to his FileShare group where he posted what seems to be a variation of the same indicator, called "HiLo firstXminutes.efs". Here's a link to his FileShare group http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...las&groupid=10

It appears differently on the charts than the way the Fibonnaci Trader version looks. I was hoping someone might be able to help code this indicator to look and act like the Fibonnaci Trader version of the "HiLo Activator." I've attached a screenshot of the Fibonnaci Trader HiLo Activator here from my Fibonnaci Trader charts.

Here's the link to the official description of the indicator on Robert Krausz's website http://www.fibonaccitrader.com/HELP4.../hiLoBands.htm It's the first one on the page, "HiLo Activator Own."

Thanks again for any time put into this. I'm very excited about seeing if this can get written. Any and all help is extremely appreciated

I wish I could code it myself, but I'm still pouring through the knowledge base here and have a feeling I'm still aways off before I can use the EFS code well enough to give back to the community here.

Evan
    Attached Files

Evan
    The HiLoFirstXminutes.efs has nothing to do with Robert Krausz' HiLo Activator. It only indicates the High and the Low of the first minutes of trading in a day whereas the HiLo Activator is a single plot based on a 3 period average of the High or the Low [usually] displaced forward by one period.
    If you run a search in this Bulletin Board for HiLo Activator you should find a version of the indicator already programmed (it may require a few changes to make it look like the one in the image you attached)
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      Evan
      The HiLoFirstXminutes.efs has nothing to do with Robert Krausz' HiLo Activator. It only indicates the High and the Low of the first minutes of trading in a day whereas the HiLo Activator is a single plot based on a 3 period average of the High or the Low [usually] displaced forward by one period.
      If you run a search in this Bulletin Board for HiLo Activator you should find a version of the indicator already programmed (it may require a few changes to make it look like the one in the image you attached)
      Alex
      As always, your posts are insightful and helpfull. Thanks so much for the reply. Seems like I'm a search functionally challenged user.

Is there any way to make it look similar to the one that comes with Fibonnaci Trader?

Comment

Here's the original efs you posted here, in case anyone else is following this thread.
        Attached Files

Comment

Evan
          In preMain() replace DOT with SQUAREWAVE; in the setPlotType() statement and change the default value of Length from 2 to 3.
          As to the colors of the plot these are defined in main in lines 40 and 45 using setBarFgColor(Color.xxxx,0); Replace the current colors with red and lime
          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
            Evan
            In preMain() replace DOT with SQUAREWAVE; in the setPlotType() statement and change the default value of Length from 2 to 3.
            As to the colors of the plot these are defined in main in lines 40 and 45 using setBarFgColor(Color.xxxx,0); Replace the current colors with red and lime
            Alex
            Alex, thank you thank you!! It look GREAT now! I attached the updated version.

My only other question is while I'm looking at the version running Fibonacci Trader right now, it updates the indicator in real time. It would look like a regular moving average if you plotted one with the SQUAREWAVE parameter. That way you have a stoploss for the current bar. I know you mentioned this concept in the last thread.

I'm just not sure what I would set it to do to make it compute on the current bar of price. Or make it flip from the red to green bars accurately with the current price bars. I assume this is where there was discussion about the "Compute on every tick" feature being unchecked.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for lending your time out

Here's a screenshot of what it's looking like now though,
            Attached Files
            Last edited by eeisen; 04-05-2006, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Evan
              At this time the efs is set to compute only at the close of a bar. If and when I have some time I may revisit that formula.
              With regards to the stop you can reference the last value displayed on the chart since the indicator will flip when the current bar closes above/below that
              Alex.

Comment

Working...
              X