Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playback Question

Howdy folks,

I use tick replay to test my strategy...and i have a quick question. Is there a way to tell the script that its on the last candle of the playback period so that i can exit any trade i might be in and perform any required calculations? This would allow me to calculate the win/loss BEFORE the period is over.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Hi Chris,

No, there are not any to my knowledge, but if I understand what you want, I believe there is a fairly simple way to accomplish this. I recommend creating a button to run the desired calculation and place it in an out of the way location on the chart. Then when the playback period has completed and the efs is no longer being updated by the playback data, click the button to run your calculation in a function. The function would simply check if you were still in a trade, exit the trade and run your calculation for win-loss.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Problem is.... with the playback finished, the script will not run any more as its the playback ticks that cause the script to cycle - unless i'm sorely mistaken.

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

Get out the Advil, trust me, it works.

Comment

Working...
        X