BW Squat bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW Squat bars

Again, could someone help me write a formula that will mark a bar if it meets the following conditions?

If current bar (H - L) / Vol is < previous bar (H - L) / Vol

AND

current bar Vol is > previous bar Vol

THEN

place a black diamond above the bar.

Thankyou,

Rogersonfarm

Last edited by rogersonfarm; 04-28-2003, 12:30 PM.

Here is What I Did

Greetings rogersonfarm:

I seem to have implemented the logic to mark the squat bars (all comparisons to Investor Dream results that I have observed comply), but it might not do the black dot trick that you like. Logic to mark the fractals might be adapted to achieve what you indicated. Hope it works for you. I am not much of a programmer, I just cobbled things together until they work a bit.

Take Care;

Burtz
    Attached Files

Comment

Adj. BW indicator formula

Thanks for your efforts. It look like you did well. Could I ask a favor though. Because I have all the indicators I need already on my charts, I need now only the squat bars indicated. Can the formula you wrote be adjusted to show only squat bars?

Rogersonfarm

Comment

Modified Squat

Greetings Rogersonfarm:

I modified the routine a bit but I cannot test it sine I only have end of day service and its market hours now. It should work, and is not too difficult to change.

Can I ask if you have succeeded in getting the Gator lines to comply with the values in the Investor's Dream and if you have succeeded in getting the last datapoints in the projected moving averages to appear after the last data bar? I still have not resolved these points and am looking for solutions.

Take Care;

Burtz
        Attached Files

Comment

I am going to be setting up eSignal to trade with the Profitunity approach too. Are you currently using Investors Dream Rogersonfarm and Burtz and do you feel that you can duplicate it in eSignal? How about making the squat bars appear blue on the chart like on Investors Dream? Wouldn't it be easier to make the squat bars blue, along with the red, green and grey bars?

Comment

All but the Last Two Shortfalls

Greetings Troy:

I have the Profitunity tools all setup with the exception of the Smoothed Moving Averages used in Investors Dream (and Tradestation and the other platforms that they support), and without the projections of the moving averages appearing past the last data bar. In Investors Dream the moving averages for the Gator lines are displayed past the last data bar. This can be accomplished in eSignal by using Built-in studies, but the Built-in moving average study does not support the smoothing algorithms. I think that I have identified the smoothing algorithms (see my post a little further down the list) that shares the algorithms with the eSignal technical staff, but so far they have not responded. I would product my own Built-in study, but I am not certain what this entails. When Jason or Alex or one of the experts gets back to me I hope to resolve these last two shortfalls.

Good Luck;

Burt

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Sounds like you are just about there. I am very happy to hear that everything should be able to be set up just like Investors Dream. Good luck to you, and I hope I am able to get everything set up soon as well. I really wish I knew how to do all the programming.

Troy

Comment

Working...
              X