Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing the candlestick indicator

Hi

I need to be able to display symbols in the indicator panes of an advanced chart (eg $VIX underneath a chart of $INDU). To this end I have downloaded the Candlestick Indicator.efs which works fine, except it only displays candlesticks, how can I change the script so it can display both line charts or bar charts? I have virtually zero experiance in javascript unfortunately.

Also the candlestick indicator does'nt appear to show the symbol in the top left corner of the indicator pane, how can I get it to do this?

Any help here would be appreciated

Jon

Jon

...how can I change the script so it can display both line charts or bar charts?
    That efs is intended to display only as candlesticks. You can find other solutions in this forum

Also the candlestick indicator does'nt appear to show the symbol in the top left corner of the indicator pane, how can I get it to do this?
    It does display the symbol in the study title (see the image enclosed below)
    Alex

Comment

Alexis

Thanks for the reply, I guess i'll have to try & figure out the code to get it displayed as a line chart, is there a place on these forums where I can see all the efs scripts available?

Also the symbol title is DEFINITILY NOT displaying on my machine, i've tried downloading the efs file again, perhaps i've got a setting wrong somewhere, any ideas?

Jon

Comment

Jon
        You can find an efs that will display an external symbol as a line at the link I provided in my previous reply.
        With regards to the candlestick indicator did you enter a symbol in Edit Studies (see image below)?
        If no symbol is entered as a parameter then the indicator will not display the symbol's name in the study title since it is the same as the one being plotted in the price window
        Alex

Comment

Alex

Yes, thanks I've got those indicators now, thats great they're doing just what I want (candle, bar & line charts)

However for some strange reason none of them are showing the studytitle in the top left of the indicator pane. They are displaying on the stacked studies tabs ok (they don't display titles when they're tiled either).

Yes I have definitely put the symbols in via the edit studies dialog, so I don't know??

Jon

Comment

Jon
            Right click the chart, select Properties and put a check mark in Draw Study Titles.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X