Have a horizontal tl value show in the axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a horizontal tl value show in the axis

Is there an efs that will put the value of a trend line (especially a horizontal tl) in the price axis? I searched everywhere but cant find one.

Hello trend,

EFS Drawn objects do not have a y-axis label. Only series returned from main() will have a y-axis label. You can create a horizontal series by returning a constant from main(), in which case you would see a y-axis label.

For example, this would plot a horizontal line of the previous day's close with a y-axis label.
    PHP Code:
    function main() {
        return 
    close(-1inv("D"));

Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks JasonK. Any way to write an efs that has a Main() that would draw horizontal lines based on 1 # and a horizontal line - like maybe have the efs say draw a line, instead of at ylod, at.... and have a pop up where u can input a specific value so it prints in the axis? Just a thought.

Comment

Hello trend,

Not sure what you're asking for in regards to the horizontal lines. For user inputs, you can use the FunctionParameter Object, which will allow you to enter a number to be plotted through Edit Studies. In main(), you would just return the parameter variable to plot the line based on the number entered through Edit Studies.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Tx Jason, but thast way above my expertese. Guess I will just have to take the time to do it manually for each line. Thanks for your help.
          Last edited by trend; 08-01-2006, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X