I am looking for a tick counter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for a tick counter?

Hello, I am new to eSignal and I am looking for some help. I am looking for maybe a EFS Study, that I can add to my tick charts. Which will show maybe a number next to the current bar or candle, as either a count down or count up number, which reflects the remaining number of ticks needed to complete the current bar or candle or the total number of ticks have taken place since starting the current candle or bar in a tick chart.

Hi jjnewburry,

Here is a barebones efs that should do what you need
    PHP Code:
    var vCounter 1;
    function 
    preMain(){

setPriceStudy(true);

setStudyTitle("ticks in bar");
    }

function 
    main() {

vCounter++;
     if(
    getBarState()==BARSTATE_NEWBAR){

vCounter=1;
     }

//edit

drawTextRelative(1,1,vCounterColor.bluenullText.RELATIVETOTOP"Arial"12"counter");

I put this together from the information in this thread

I hope this works for you.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-11-2006, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks stevehare2003 for your prompt help. I guess this will show you how green I am, but what do I do with the PHP you wrote? How do I save it into a EFS or formula format. Sorry for sounding so much like I am in left field

Comment

Hi jjnewburry,

I attached the efs. Click the link and it will download the efs. Save the efs in the C:\Program Files\eSignal\Formulas folder (or other subfolder within the Formulas folder).

Right click the advanced chart and select the Formulas folder and select the efs to load it in the advanced chart.
        Attached Files

Comment

stevehare2003,
          I need to say thank you for your quick and prompt help to my request with a tick efs. I owe you an apology for taking this long to respond with my thank you.

I appreciate your help. stevehare2003, I have been using your efs, it has been working pretty well. The only thing I have noticed, and this is not a problem to speak of at all, but when I move between different tick charts, the first tick candle after switching, the count is not correct, but it resets its self once a new candle or bar is started.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi jjnewburry,

You are most welcome. It is nice to see the efs was able to help you out.

Comment

this tick counter works great, but as said before, the only problem is that the first candle is off. If an entry signal is dependant upon the numbers of ticks in a bar, than a possible entry can be missed if the ticks in the first bar is off (slight chance, but possible). Has anyone found a way to get an accurate tick count from the first candlestick?

Comment

naifwonder
                Well here are a few ideas, have multiple windows going, with each having a different tick chart on it, as an example I have been trying Fib numbers tick chart IE 144 & 233. This should eliminate the first bar or candle problem. Second suggestion is never trade the first bar or candle when starting a new chart, what is the rush throw money away, I sometimes find it just as easy to throw money away after watching many minutes worth of data!

Also, maybe I am a rookie, but for what I am doing or trying to do, is not be the last or first trade in a bar or candle, but rather I want a sense of when a bar or candle is going to finish. I do not trade bars or candles by themselves, but rather with other indicators. I need many bars or candles as well as certian types of price movements with certian indicators IE rsi, macd etc for a trade set up in order for me to put a trade on

I hope my thoughts are helpful

Comment

Working...
                X